I'm sorry I haven't had any new pictures up recently. I've been so busy getting things ready to go to New York that I haven't had much time with the camera. I can promise that there will be TONS of pictures up over the 9th, 10th, and 11th though because those are the days we'll be spending in NYC and according to the website, the hotel has free WiFi. I've pretty much got everything together and planned out for the trip (not to mention the house is finally as clean as it was the day we first moved in)! Here is what we'll be doing:
Sunday, November 8th- Leaving North Carolina around 9am and driving straight through to Fairfax Station, VA where we'll be staying overnight. My Uncle Bob and Aunt JoAnn were generous to accomodate us for the night and I think the trip will be easier on both of us if we break it up rather than trying to drive straight through.
Monday, November 9th- I plan to head out of VA around 9-10am and drive the additional 4.5 hours to NYC. We'll check in and probably just relax for a while until we're able to see Jon. It sounds like he's had a ton of time off of the ship so it shouldn't be long before we're able to see him. I also have a hair appointment at 6pm this evening.
Tuesday, November 10th-Wednesday, November 11th- We'll probably just do a lot of sightseeing and take a ton of pictures. The 10th is the Marine Corps 234th birthday! Jon said there is a cake cutting ceremony so we'll probably go to that. We don't really have any solid plans for these two days other than try to see as much of NYC as we can. If possible, I would like to take Arianna to the Brooklyn Children's Museum right before we get back in the car to head to VA. Lots of walking around so hopefully it will wear her out and she'll sleep a lot in the car. We'll be staying with my aunt and uncle again the night of the 11th and arriving home on the 12th. Jon should get home on the 13th and then it's back to everyday life, haha. Poor Jon. Two weeks of fun in NYC and then he has to come back to NC (it's just like NYC without the "Y" and all of the excitement :p )
I talked to him last night though and he's excited for us to get out there. He misses us just as much as we miss him :)
Friday, November 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























No comments:
Post a Comment