Tuesday, March 20, 2012

915 Days

I am all caught up on photos meaning I can FINALLY make the big photo post that I've been talking about for over a month!

First, our impromptu trip to DC on February 18th!

IMG_4677

IMG_4681

Always some kind of protest going on....
IMG_4687

IMG_4688

Ari in front of the North Lawn (I think....it might be the South Lawn...it's a lawn. At the White House.)
IMG_4691

IMG_4694

IMG_4695

IMG_4698

That's definitely the South Lawn.
IMG_4710

IMG_4711

IMG_4720

You don't say.....
IMG_4721

The few Occupy Wall Street people that were left. We went back once again after this and they were all gone.
IMG_4724

Speaking of impromptu trips, the girls and I also took one up to NYC to meet Jon who was there for work. We stayed at a GORGEOUS beach house in Sea Bright, NJ (and of course I didn't think to take any pictures of it) and took a ferry into the city. Sadly, I didn't get very many pictures of the city itself. The first day we went, it was already dark by the time we got there and then the second day, it rained and I don't have a weather kit for my camera so it had to stay in the bag. We had a nice time walking around though! We took the girls to visit some of the people that Jon knows at Fox, went to lunch, walked around the huge Tiffany & Co, played with the iPads at Apple, and spent hours at FAO Schwartz!

We left at 8am and didn't get out of DC until around 11am. Traffic out here is HORRID in the AM.
nyc1

nyc2

nyc3

nyc4

Ah, tolls. Though they aren't nearly as bad when you only go as far as Jersey. I remember spending a lot more last time we drove out and actually drove in to Manhattan.
nyc5

Riding the ferry into Manhattan on Leap Day 2012!
nyc6

nyc7

Second day of our trip at FAO Schwartz!
IMG_4862

IMG_4863

IMG_4864

IMG_4865

Pretty much the entire first level of FAO is filled with candy. I'm not sure who was more excited- me or Ari. I love candy!
IMG_4867

It's a coin bank.
IMG_4870

IMG_4872

IMG_4874

IMG_4875

Sweet kisses!
IMG_4878

IMG_4881

IMG_4886

nyc8

IMG_4887

Lucy fell asleep so Jon and I took turns taking Ari up to the second floor where most of the toys and books are. She really liked these 3D models.
IMG_4888

IMG_4891

IMG_4895

Original Barbie and Ken dolls.
IMG_4896

IMG_4898

Wizard of Oz Barbies!
IMG_4899

She spent about an hour playing with these Stinky Kid dolls, haha.
IMG_4903

IMG_4904

IMG_4905

IMG_4908

We arrived back in VA around 5pm on March 1st which also happens to be the day that my mom flew in from AZ for a week! She spent the first half of the week with Uncle Bob and Aunt JoAnn (as well as Uncle Mick and Aunt Suzanne who were also in town)
nyc9

March 2nd was Dr. Seuss' birthday so there was a special celebration at school that Grandma got to come and participate in! They did a hat craft, watched some classic Dr. Seuss videos, and ate some themed sweets!

Making a Cat In the Hat hat!
IMG_4910

IMG_4914

IMG_4918

IMG_4921

Watching The Cat In the Hat.
IMG_4926

IMG_4931

IMG_4932

IMG_4937

IMG_4943

IMG_4951

IMG_4955

Recess!
IMG_4962

IMG_4963

IMG_4967

IMG_4969

IMG_4973

IMG_4978

IMG_4979

Two snacks for Dr. Seuss day and a cupcake from a little girl who also had a birthday that day!
IMG_4986


Playing soccer in the backyard with Grandma.
IMG_4987

IMG_4988

IMG_4995

IMG_4996

IMG_5000

IMG_5001

IMG_5004

IMG_5006

IMG_5008

A couple of days after Grandma left, we had a playdate at the park with our friends Karoline, Micah, and Kirah! The kids had a BLAST and wore off a ton of energy. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous here for the past week and a half. Sunny 70's with a slight breeze. I really wish it would stay this way year round so we could spend every day outside playing!

She looks like she's being bossy, but these two play together SO well!
IMG_5010

IMG_5011

Line at the slide which the babies LOVED! They wanted to slide down over and over.
IMG_5014

IMG_5017

IMG_5021

IMG_5025

IMG_5028

IMG_5032

IMG_5034

IMG_5037


And we're finally caught up to last week! St. Patrick's Day. We're not Irish (my mom's side of the family is, but that's it) so we don't really celebrate, but it was a good opportunity for some cute photos! These are the ones that I didn't post in the St. Patrick's Day entry.

IMG_5451

IMG_5468


I can't remember why she was crying. She probably didn't want her picture taken. Or maybe she didn't want to leave the hat on. Or maybe the wind blew in the wrong direction. You can never really tell with Lucy.
IMG_5501

IMG_5504

IMG_5510

Frustrated because Ari tried to take her hat.
IMG_5516

IMG_5520

IMG_5546

IMG_5547

Trying to hand her a clover.
IMG_5549

IMG_5550

That's it! Finally all caught up on photos (for now). Next up should be Easter pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment