Tuesday, December 31, 2013

1566 Days

2013 has been quite a year for our family!

We started off the year with snow in January!
IMG_9662

We celebrated Arianna's 6th birthday in February
IMG_9968

my 27th birthday in early April
IMG_1021 27! #birthday #PicTapGo

My best birthday present was meeting this sweet little girl, my Goddaughter, Max!
Sweet baby girl #PicTapGo

Getting in my newborn snuggles with Maxie! #pictapgo 

and Jon's 26th birthday a bit early right before he left for Recruiter's School.#PicTapGo #latergram

In May, we got our biggest news of the year when Jon was assigned to RS Phoenix and we found out that we would be moving home!
IMG_1218 IMG_1201
IMG_1207

We celebrated two graduations in June- Jon from Recruiter's and Arianna from kindergarten. Arianna also danced in her last recital with Stafford Dance Center.
This is what Ari is coming home to. It isn't much, but she will be excited #pictapgo_app #graduation
Ballet recital costume. I am not ready for my baby to look this old!  #pictapgo_app Tap recital costume #pictapgo_app

We kicked off July by celebrating our last 4th of July in DC and ended the month by bidding farewell to our home on MCB Quantico. The girls flew out with my mom (my first time being away from Lucy and the longest I've ever been away from Ari!) and Jon, Ruby, and I arrived five days later after a long cross country drive.
Baby is ready to roll out! #pictapgo_app ig2
#graceland #latergram
#graceland #latergram
Welcome home ❤ #arizona #grandcanyonstate This is what was waiting for us on the garage door when we arrived from Ari and Lu ❤

We immediately started house hunting. We found our very first home in August.
IMG_1851

Jon and I celebrated four years of marriage in September with our traditional dinner at Ruth's Chris.
image

Jon has been incredibly busy with work and it's been quite an experience being away from the flight line. Truth be told, he can't wait to go back.
image

We moved into our new house in October and almost immediately, Ruby and I flew out to Maryland to visit my best friend Lisa and her family. While we were out there, we got to celebrate her daughter Emy's 4th birthday as well as her daughter (and my Goddaughter!) Maxine's baptism.
IMG_1979 IMG_1987
baptism2 baptism5

When we returned, Arianna started 1st grade at a school really close to the house. We spent the first months of the school year homeschooling before discovering that it's just not the right fit for Ari. She's been thriving in school and I'm glad that we found one that we all love.
First day of 1st grade at the Montessori charter

November is a very special month for our family. The first week of November, we traveled down to Phoenix so that Jon and I could attend the Marine Corps 238th birthday ball as well as celebrate his brother's birthday.
 #usmc Getting his blues ready
image

Less than two weeks later, Ruby turned one
IMG_2251 IMG_2257
IMG_2287
IMG_2194

we had a joint birthday party for Lucy and Ruby in Phoenix
IMG_2297 IMG_2300 IMG_2319

and 9 days after that, Lucy turned three!
IMG_2393
IMG_2409 IMG_2418
IMG_2429
At the end of the month, we celebrated Thanksgiving in Phoenix with Jon's side of the family.

I can't believe December and Christmas came as quickly as it did! Our first Christmas in our new home was so much fun and Ari deemed it her best Christmas ever.
IMG_2448

IMG_2777

I felt like 2013 was a really hard year for me (and in some ways, it was), but when I went back through our photos and wrote all of this up, I realized what a great year it was. It will be a hard one to top, but I have even higher hopes for 2014. I don't really do new years resolution, but I do have a few goals that I would like to accomplish that help me work toward the bigger goal of bringing more peace and contentment to my life. One goal is to use my camera and blog a lot more. Throughout the entire year, I only got 48 blog posts up and that disappoints me since this is the ongoing story of our lives. I want to make sure we have as many memories as possible. I also really want to find a way to start printing these photos an entries so that we have a hard copy as well. So here is to more blogging, more family time, lots of laughter, and many blessings!

Happy New Year, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment