Monday, January 27, 2014

1593 Days

I've been horrible about updating! This has been quite an eventful month for us and I just haven't had time to sit down, edit photos, and put them up. We started the year with Ari on winter break and we're ending it with Lucy achieving a pretty big milestone- she started preschool last Thursday! We had put her on the waiting list at Ari's school when we enrolled Ari, but I really didn't expect that she would be getting in this year. Well, we got a phone call two weeks ago asking if we still wanted a slot and after reviewing our finances (Ari is free since she's elementary, but we have to pay tuition for Lucy), we decided to go ahead and take it. We're starting her out slowly and she only goes two days a week for 3-4 hours. She seemed to really enjoy herself last week and can't wait to go back this week. I really think it will be good for her social skills and to get her used to being on a schedule. It also gives me a couple of days a week with just Ru-Ru, but I still get plenty of time with Lucy at the beginning of the week.

Jon is still working a ton, but I feel like we've gotten a bit more time with him this month which has been nice. We miss him, but enjoy the time we do get together. We've been trying to make a point to do fun things with the girls on the weekends and going to church every week.

The Bush Family 2014!
Day 30- celebrate. Happy new year! #fmsphotoaday #bushfamily5

Trip to the park
Monkey bars! #bushfamily5 #latergram

Haha, bangs. #bushfamily5 #latergram

Trip to an arcade up the street from us
We found an arcade up the street! #bushfamily5 #latergram

After the arcade, the girls asked if we could go to a store that sold boots, western gear, and hunting gear. It was oddly fun.
I wanted him to put one on too, but I had a limited amount of time to get the photo before Lucy lost interest #bushfamily5 #latergram

Tried to get an action shot of the new carrier. It's a toddler so it's still a bit big for Ruby. #bushfamily5 #latergram

Made an evening run to the grocery store one night and got this in a text message. She falls asleep so well for her daddy.
I made an evening run to the store and got this in a text❤️❤️ #bushfamily5 #latergram

He hardly ever wears the baby so I had to get a photo.
He hardly ever wears the baby!  #bushfamily5 #babywearing #tula

She got her first real cold this month :(
Poor Ruby Star has the crud. Her first real illness.  #bushfamily5

She was still in good spirits though.
14 months old today  #bushfamily5

Silly time with Lucy.
Funny faces! And man, my eyebrows need some love soon  #bushfamily5

Ruby wanted in on the fun!
Photobomb #bushfamily5

Welcome to preschool, Lucy!
Welcome to preschool, Lucy! #bushfamily5

Feeling it out.
More of Lucy at preschool. #bushfamily5

Once she discovered the toys, she was pretty ok with the whole thing.
Once she discovered the toys, she was all about it! #bushfamily5

The other kids were really excited to meet her.
The other kids were excited to meet her. #bushfamily5

Already making friends #bushfamily5

And we have a smile! This was about the time I left since I knew she was comfortable. She asked for a drink of water and she got to go into Ari's classroom to help fill the water jug. As I was leaving, I saw Ari give her a hug and tell her, "Don't worry, Lucy. You're going to have so much fun today!"
Already having a good time! #bushfamily5

So as we get ready to say goodbye to January, we prepare for Arianna's 7th birthday next month. Seven years already since my world changed and I first became a mother. She's growing up fast. This is the first year she hasn't opted for a Disney Princess party, instead choosing Monster High. She's doing amazing in school especially since she started a bit late. Her grades are amazing and she's particularly good in math which is something I always struggled with. She's reading for about an hour every day and often reads aloud to the younger girls. She's starting simple chapter books and I bought her a Junie B. Jones which was one of my favorite series as a kid. I love being able to share little parts of my childhood with her.

I promise there will be more updates in February! Birthday pictures, possibly class party pictures (Valentine's day), and a 15 months update for Ruby! I also need to do a long overdue Christmas update.

No comments:

Post a Comment