Saturday, June 21, 2014

1738 Days

MOMMYCON!

On June 20th, the girls, myself, and my mom all flew out to Colorado for a family vacation! Friday was a comedy of errors starting with us not remembering to bring Ruby's birth certificate with us to the airport to prove that she was under two year old and able to fly as a lap child. The lady behind the counter absolutely would not budge and insisted on some sort of proof of age in order to allow her as a lap child. I went to grab my phone so that I could call Jon (and really, at this point, I was mostly calling to scream and cry because I knew that there was no way that he would have access to the birth certificate) and realized that it wasn't in my bag or my pocket.

TOTAL PANIC.

My phone is also known as the extension of my hand and I feel completely lost without it. I knew that I had to have either left it on the shuttle that took us from the parking garage to the airport or back in my car (which was parked at an extended parking facility not even at the airport). I got ahold of Jon who, but a true miracle of God, did have Ruby's birth certificate on him! He had taken it with him because he needed copies for something at work. Crisis #1 averted!

While he was faxing that over, I got on the phone with the shuttle service and had them contact the driver to check for my phone. He searched the area where I had been sitting. No phone. My car was the only other place it could have been so I left my mom with the older girls while I caught a shuttle back to my car. Thankfully, I found my phone on the driver's seat. Crisis #2 averted! Ruby and I made it back to the airport and to the terminal just in time for boarding.

Part of the plan was for me to attend Mommycon in (what I thought was) Denver, CO. The event was literally called "Denver Mommycon" so imagine my surprise when I looked up the hotel address and discovered that it was actually in Winter Park, CO- FOUR HOURS OUT OF DENVER.

After some discussion, it was decided that it would be easier on everybody for me to rent a car and drive Ruby and myself up there rather than having somebody make two 8 hour roundtrips to drive us to and from. My parents took the girls to grab some lunch while I went over to the car dealer. Only one dealer had any cars available and they required a credit card which I do not have. The would accept a debit card only with a $200 hold. After the hold plus the rental feel and insurance, I was about $5 short in my checking account to cover the whole thing. Jon offered to give them a credit card over the phone, but they couldn't take it. In the end, my dad had to rent the car and about two hours later, I was on the road. What a mess of a day! Ruby and I made it to Winter Park around 5pm and went to dinner with our friends. We went to bed early since Mommycon was the next day and we were signed up for the 6am VIP event.

After everything that happened in the process of trying to get up there, the actual event was a ton of fun. Meeting friends and spending the day with them was a blast and I will definitely be trying to attend another Mommycon in 2015!


Grabbing Starbucks because it is wayyyyyy to early!
Mama and sleepy headed to Mommycon! #bushfamily5 #campmommycon

Tried to take a photo of Ru, got a photo of Dannielle and Emmerich instead lol.
Tried to take a photo of Ru. My camera stalled and she moved so instead I got a photo of @_danniiiiigirl and Emmerich! #bw4b #mommycondenver #campmommycon

Babywearing nap
Out #bushfamily5 #mommycondenver #campmommycon #bw4b

Cabriolet selfies!
@p4intthestars ##mommycondenver #campmommycon #bw4b

Wheee!
Mama and Ru Star⭐️ #mommycondenver #campmommycon #bw4b #bushfamily5

CO is gorgeous. Maybe someday.....
Colorado is beautiful! #mommycondenver #campmommycon

The resort was so quaint. Would be fun to vacation here.
Winter Park Ski Resort❄️ #mommycondenver #campmommycon

Jessica Martin Weber, aka The Leaky B@@b!
With Jessica from The Leaky Boob! One of the coolest, most genuine people I've had the pleasure of meeting #nurturinglife #mommycondenver #campmommycon #bw4b

#nurturinglife

A snack
This baby and her fruit #bushfamily5

Second nap of the day!
Naptime again. Apparently #mommycondenver makes this baby tired! #campmommycon #bw4b

Seminar with Jessica and her husband, Jeremy.
Talking to kids about sex seminar with Jessica from The Leaky Boob and her husband. I have so much respect for this couple. SO MUCH❤️ #mommycondenver #campmommycon #bw4b

Dinner and margaritas!
Ending the night on a good note #mommycondenver #campmommycon #bw4b

Babywearing on a ski lift!? Is that even safe!? #mommycondenver #campmommycon #bw4b

Finally headed back to the hotel #bw4b #mommycondenver #campmommycon #bushfamily5

I look scared #mommycondenver #campmommycon #bw4b

Pals❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment