Friday, February 26, 2010

161 Days

I think we've got the housing situation figured out! Jon and I talked about the houses that we looked at and we both agreed that we want to take base housing. We were both pleasantly surprised at how nice it was and it just seems like it will be more cost effective for us to be on base (not only as far as bills, but the money that we spend on gas). The only problem is, it's a 4-6 month wait so we've got to find somewhere to stay in the meantime.

We looked at a townhouse in Stafford that was so-so, but we weren't totally set on it. It was really dirty (mostly dusty, like it needed a twice over with a Dyson) and there were just little things here and there that we weren't thrilled with.

The outside front


Living room area


Kitchen


Hallway that leads to bedrooms and one of the bathrooms


After discussing it, Jon called the Realtor and told her what we would like to see. We had already asked for the rent to be cut down from $1300 to $1200 and the owners had agreed. We also asked that the whole house be professionally cleaned and asked for a six month lease (they originally wanted a year). I really didn't think they would agree to any of it, but surprisingly, they did! I guess they really just need to get it rented and six months is better than nothing.

So it looks like that's the route we're going to go. Luckily, it's not too far from the base and it's in a nice area. I feel like it's somewhere I can be happy until we're able to get on base. I'm really just excited to move back to a big city!

No comments:

Post a Comment