Monday, February 7, 2011

508 Days/4 Years Old- Arianna's Story

I found out that I was going to be a mommy for the first time in May of 2006. Around the 20th week of my pregnancy, I was THRILLED to find out that my first born would be the girl I had always wanted.

Baby Shower
P1150015


Around 4:30am on February 7th, 2007, I woke up with contractions that I could no longer sleep through. They were definitely still manageable, but strong enough to let me know that this would be the day I would meet my daughter. I labored at home for several hours before making the decision to leave for the hospital. I didn't think that I was very far along because labor felt so easy and was sure that I would be sent back home.

Arrowhead Hospital triage waiting to find out if I would be sent home or admitted
3

It turns out that I was almost 8cm dilated! I was definitely not going anywhere except to a delivery room! Arianna Solice made her grand entrance into the world at 4:14pm, less than 12 hours after she first let me know that she was coming.

She weighed in at 6 pounds, 10.6 oz and 21 inches long
5

P2080030

mommy and ari

Grandma and grandpa were her first visitors and have continued to be the most important people in her life other than Jon and I.
3

I was shocked at how fast her first year flew by. I still remember her birth like it was yesterday.

Just got home from the hospital
sleeping

One month old
P2280197

First real smile at about two months old
P3240299

3 months
P5300800


6 months
P81611720

9 months
7

1 year
s41169ca119275_13

P2091554

Her second year (one year old) seemed to go by even faster as she quickly learned to walk and talk. She developed a personality and was such a bright, sunny little girl. She took her first trips to the zoo and to the pool and made her first friends (my friend Emily's daughter Natalie and my friend Cassie's kids, Hayden and Vincent).

Learning to walk. She started walking on her own right after her first birthday.
P2111582


Slowly growing more hair.....
IMG_0380


At the pool for the first time with Natalie (she was about 16 months and Natalie around a year)
pecospool

18 months
kk

She loves to help bake
P1010963

First playdate with Vincent and Hayden
IMG_3038

At the zoo with Hayden right before she turned two
IMG_1667

Cake and presents at her second birthday
IMG_1794

IMG_4076

IMG_4108

IMG_1816


Year number three (two years old) was a big one for her! Her two friendships continued to grow as well as her relationships with Jon as she came to know him as her daddy. We spent more time at the zoo with Emily and Natalie and she went to the Arizona Science Center for the first time with Vincent and Hayden. Jon came home as often as he could to make sure that he was a familiar and constant presence in her life and she looked forward to his visits. One of her favorite memories is the day Jon and I got married and she got to be our flower girl.

Zoo with Nat
IMG_2160


AZ Science Center with Hayden
IMG_2067

Flower girl at our wedding
D0153

After Jon and I got married in September, we all moved out to our first home in North Carolina where she made even more friends.

Her room at our house in NC
IMG_3875


Halloween with the neighborhood kids
IMG_4181

Her little buddy Remy
IMG_5702

She kicked off her fourth year (three years old) with a really fun birthday party! This was a VERY eventful year for her. She saw her first snow in North Carolina and just a month later, we moved out to VA. We took two vacations (Arizona and Colorado) before moving one final time in October of 2010. She handled the moves so well and I'm so proud of her for being such a resilient kid.

Happy 3rd Birthday!
19337_1365397771821_1137942756_1095560_893632_n

19337_1365404771996_1137942756_1095577_2651814_n

The snow only lasted a day, but she had a blast
IMG_5983

Moving day
IMG_6557

Playground at our townhouse on Knollwood Ct
IMG_7285

Old tradition- zoo trip with Natalie when we went to AZ in May
IMG_7171

At the North Pole in Colorado in September
97

Train ride with Grandpa and Uncle Mick
IMG_8535

With my grandma
99

New bedroom and bed
IMG_8897

At the park
IMG_8776

Halloween with her buddy Brenton
IMG_8973

She loves going to the library
IMG_9026

She usually spends Saturday mornings with daddy
IMG_7251

I think the biggest milestone of her fourth year was becoming a big sister in November! Arianna was three years and nine months when she helped welcome Lucille Scarlett into the world. She was present for Lucy's birth and so excited to take on this new and important role. Arianna got a surprise visit from her grandma right after Lucy's birth and celebrated her fourth Christmas with her new little family. In January, she took a trip out to Arizona where she celebrated her birthday with both sets of grandparents, her uncle Tyler, and lots of friends!

IMG_7458

IMG_7591

IMG_8617

IMG_8595

IMG_8633

IMG_8682

IMG_8697

IMG_8699

Tonight, we are taking Arianna out to dinner and then going to get ice cream. On Saturday she will celebrate her birthday once more with all of her friends in Virginia!

HAPPY FOURTH BIRTHDAY, ARIANNA! MOMMY, DADDY, AND LUCY LOVE YOU!

IMG_8573

No comments:

Post a Comment