Sunday, September 25, 2011

738 Days

TEN MONTHS!
IMG_0608


Eating:

She's still got a hearty appetite and will eat almost anything that's put in front of her. I don't think we've added any new foods this month, just the same stuff that she's had before. I did buy her some of the Plum Organics Just Fruits pouches after she had one at a playdate's house and loved it. We started with the small pouches, but I think we might try some of the bigger ones because they are a combination of fruits and veggies and she went through the small pouch really quickly and still wanted more. I also like them because it allows her to eat things that aren't really easy for me to prepare (ex: blueberries. Straining blueberries takes way too much time for the small amount of puree that you end up with, but I can't give them to her straight because they would be a choking hazard) while still feeding herself.

She did sample some grass during the photoshoot....
IMG_0631

Sleep:
I've come to accept that the days of Lucy being a good sleeper are long gone. I'm not sure if it's her teeth or if she's just grown used to waking up multiple times a night to nurse, but her sleep habits haven't gotten any better since the last update. The other "problem" is that she seems to have become a very light sleeper. Any amount of noise, light, or movement wakes her up. She sleeps for a good two hours after she initially goes down, but once she wakes up for that first night feeding, she just can't seem to get back to that deep sleep.

A short nap....
sleep

She still sleeps the best when she's sleeping on me....
sleep2

Milestones:
Walking! On September 22nd, motivated by the cookie I was eating, Lucy stood up and walked across the room without stumbling or falling once (hey, I told you she loves food). It was probably about 10-15 steps. She hasn't taken that many since then, but she can take between 5-10 without a problem. Unfortunately, I didn't get her on video because I really wasn't expecting it and didn't have time to grab anything to record her.

IMG_0620

IMG_0641

Waving! She waves bye-bye when Daddy leaves for work and Ari leaves for school. It's a backwards wave, but that makes it even cuter.

IMG_0633IMG_0637IMG_0636

Kisses! She just picked this one up in the past couple of days. If you give her a kiss or make a kissing sound at her, she will mimic it. Sometimes she will also open her mouth and give you a slobbery baby kiss.

Weight/Height:
20.3 pounds (with a diaper) and 28 inches and starting to move out of 9 month clothing. I gave away pretty much all of Arianna's old baby clothes up to the 12 month stuff so I'm excited to start putting some of it on Lucy.

Wearing one of big sister's old dresses (that didn't fit her big sister until she was 18 months old)....
IMG_0624

IMG_0630


Health:
Her two top middle teeth have come in completely and the ones on either side of those two have broken through the gums.

We're moving in to winter and flu season, but so far *knock on wood* she hasn't been sick. I'm wondering if she doesn't have a few minor allergies because I've noticed that tends to get a runny nose after spending time outside. It doesn't seem to bother her and there are no other symptoms so I'm thinking that it's just the humidity and the climate.

Next month we'll celebrate Lucy's first Halloween! It's going to be so bittersweet celebrating her last first holiday so thankfully it's a fun one! I've got a few different costume ideas, I just need to decide which one we're going to go with. The final decision will be revealed in her 11 month pictures so stay tuned.....

Happy Ten Months, baby.....
IMG_0572

IMG_0575

IMG_0582

IMG_0611

IMG_0617

IMG_0630

IMG_0642

IMG_0644

No comments:

Post a Comment