SIX MONTHS OLD!!!
Where has half the year gone!? I still remember Ru's birth like it was no more than a month ago. She's my third baby so I figured I would just be used to how much babies change during their first year, yet I'm still just absolutely amazed as I watch her grow and learn. In just six months, she's gone from a tiny, squishy baby who couldn't do much more than look around to a chunky, happy crawler who loves to get into whatever she can find. We've been having so much fun with her, take a look at what she's been up to!
Weight/Length:
17 pounds
24.75 inches long
Eating:
Still exclusively breastfed, with a few bottles of pumped milk. She is old enough now to start some solids, but I'm not in a huge hurry for her to meet that milestone so we're going to hold off for a bit longer. She's obviously growing just fine on breastmilk alone so I done see a huge need to rush the solids. I think we may try some banana next month though and maybe some sweet potatoes. We're definitely going to start slow so we don't overwhelm her system!
Sorry, Ru-Ru! No FroYo yet!
She enjoys being included in mealtime though!
Sleep:
Again, not much change. She still naps for about 2-3 30 minute periods during the day, and wakes up 1-2 times a night.
Health:
Pretty good! She and both of her sisters came down with a mild cough and sniffles, but it lasted less than a week and none of them required a visit to the doctor. I'm actually kind of blaming it on the sudden and erratic changes in weather here. One day it was cool and breezy, the next day it was warm, the day after that it rained, and the next day it was warm and humid.
Milestones:
*5/11- Army crawling and occasionally getting her knees up.
*5/12- starting to tripod sit.
*Playing with toys more and playing independently for longer periods of time- this is a big one for me because as long as she's happy playing on her own, I can get more done around the house. She does love being worn, but with her getting heavier and wigglier, sometimes it's just not easy to get things done with her on my back.
*Crawling!
*Very interested in what her sister's are doing- I think part of the reason that she's become more independent is because she's so into her sisters. If they are playing in the front room, I can set her down on her play mat and she will crawl around and watch whatever it is they're doing.
*Separation anxiety- this has been a less exciting milestone. I know I just said that she's becoming more independent, but I also have to set her down and walk away quickly before she sees me leaving. If she actually sees me walking away, frantic crying ensues. If I had her over to someone else and she can still see me standing there, she leans over and reaches for me.
*Falling asleep in jumper- this has become a reoccurring thing and it's pretty funny!
*Pulling to a stand.
I feel so bad that this update came so late! In less than a week, I'll have to put up her seven month update. The months are flying by and she's growing so quickly. She's meeting milestones and impressing us all every day and we are so grateful to have enjoyed half a year with this smallest member of our family! We're looking forward to seeing what all the next half of the year brings for Ru. I need to start figuring out what we're going to do for her first birthday! This lucky little lady gets to celebrate her first birthday (and her second and third!) at home surrounded by family just like both of her sisters did!
Daddy!
Her hair is getting thicker. Look at that cowlick!
Biggest Sis!
Taken the day she turned six months
Still a blue-eyed babe!
A new toy!
Celebratory cupcakes which she didn't get to eat, haha. No cake until the first birthday!





















































No comments:
Post a Comment