Sunday, July 14, 2013

1396 Days

EIGHT MONTHS OLD!
IMG_1311

Weight/Length:
17 pounds/25 inches

Eating:
I wish I had kept track of what she's eaten because it's been a pretty eclectic list! We do baby lead weaning which means that she just east smaller pieces and portions of whatever we're eating.
*Pot roast
*Mashed potatoes
*Broccoli
*Cooked carrots
*Baked chicken
*Rice
*Spaghetti with just a tiny bit of sauce
*Fish
*Black and refried beans
*Apples
*Bananas
*Various breads and crackers
*Various soups
*Frozen yogurt
*A cheeto

I'm sure I'm leaving out a ton of stuff, but she's sampled quite a few things. So far she seems to have enjoyed everything we've given her (especially that cheeto.....) and hasn't had any negative reactions to anything.

Pot roast, potatoes, and broccoli!
I'm determined to get this kid to love veggies as much as her oldest sister. Her other big sister snubs her nose at all veggies. #pictapgo_app #babysfirstyear

She actually did like it, haha.
Lol, that face! #pictapgo_app #babysfirstyear

Carrots and shredded chicken
More big girl food! Carrots and shredded chicken. #pictapgo_app #latergram #babysfirstyear

Roast, mashed potatoes, and broccoli for Ru's first meal (she's had tastes of things here and there, but never a meal). #pictapgo_app #babysfirstyear

Sampling an apple
Ruby Star samples an apple #pictapgo_app #latergram

Apple smile!  #pictapgo_app #latergram

Bread!
Big sister shared some bread!  #pictapgo_app

First taste of Sweet Frog!
Look who got a little taste of Sweet Frog today  #pictapgo_app #babysfirstyear

Hmm, not sure what to think... #pictapgo_app  #babysfirstyear

I think RuRu approves!  #pictapgo_app #babysfirstyear

Aaaaand the cheeto
More of Ru and the Cheeto! #pictapgo_app #latergram

Welp. Fourth of July milestone. First cheeto lol. #pictapgo_app


She is still nursing full time, the solids are only for taste and to get used to eating.


Sleep:
She still naps 1-2 times during the day, but has become less of a sound sleeper at night. She's been taking longer to go down for the night and waking up more frequently to nurse. I'm wondering if she wouldn't do better in her own space as she seems to wake up every time one of us moves or rolls over, although the few times I've tried to transition her into a separate space, it's not long before she wakes up.

Ru must have gotten in the path of Lu's green marker  #pictapgo_app

Blurry because I was afraid she would wake up if I stopped the swing, but this is how she fell asleep. Might be time to retire the swing lol. #babysfirstyear #pictapgo_app

She has gotten better about letting daddy put her down which helps a ton.
 #pictapgo_app #babysfirstyear

Health:
June 15th- We have tooth #2! She actually got two new teeth this month, #2 was the bottom right central incisor and #3 was the top left central incisor. She's been teething away! 

Milestones:
*Cruising quickly around furniture 
Ru in a romper from @linaabp! #pictapgo_app #babysfirstyear

*She pretty much outgrew the swing. I miss it because it was SO easy to get her to nap in it, but it was starting to strain under her weight and she was able to sit up and grab on to the mobile.
Yup, time to retire the swing! #babysfirstyear #pictapgo_app

*She figured out how to get up the stairs.....fast!
Ru checks to see if anybody is looking before taking off up the stairs. Jon runs over to grab her. She looks at him like, "watchu gonna do about it?" before taking back off up the stairs. #pictapgo_app

*First 4th of July!


I can't believe next month's update will put us 3/4 of the way through her first year! We'll also be reaching another milestone- her first big roadtrip!

Mama and Ru-berry #latergram #pictapgo_app

Two days ago #latergram #pictapgo_app

Hanging out on my back while I get stuff ready for the move!
She still sits a bit low in the Ergo #latergram #pictapgo_app #piercedmoms #babywearing

Playing with (and getting colored on by) sis!
Just hangin out on the edge of the bed. Ru crawled up there herself, nbd. #pictapgo_app #latergram

Her buddy Maxine
Max and Ruby

BFFs

I absolutely love having a baby who loves cuddles #pictapgo_app

Sweet little  #babysfirstyear #pictapgo_app

Now that daddy is home, we're making our way back into cloth! Somebody looks pretty happy about it  #pictapgo_app #clothdiapering

#pictapgo_app #clothdiapering

Running around in the rain with mama and sisters
Kicking water on Ari as poor tortured Ru cries. She was not too sure about the rain. #pictapgo_app

"I'm gonna get you and splash those babies!" ~Ari

More swimming!
At a swimming party on Saturday #pictapgo_app #latergram

This baby is gorgeous
Such a happy baby  #pictapgo_app #latergram

And so happy!
Showing off those two pearly whites!  #pictapgo_app #latergram

Mama and Star ⭐ #pictapgo_app #latergram

Most of the time....
Angry babies are angry....and loud  #pictapgo_app

Happy to see daddy
Oh my goodness  #pictapgo_app #cammies #babysfirstyear

Think she's fond of her daddy? ☺ #pictapgo_app #babysfirstyear

A few days old/6 weeks/7.5 months
Wish I had done these monthly! A few days old, six weeks, 7.5 months. #pictapgo_app #flashbackfriday #babysfirstyear

Finally a real pool picture!
She finally got used to the water!  #pictapgo_app

She's getting better about being in the car.
Day 6- forgot to post yesterday's photo of the day- chair. Not sure if a carseat is considered a chair, but it's the coolest "chair" we own, lol. Love my Chicco Nextfits! #photoadayjuly #latergram

Fez's are cool!
Fez's are cool! #pictapgo_app #whovian #doctorwho

No comments:

Post a Comment