Tuesday, July 23, 2013

1405 Days

We moved to Virginia in March of 2010. We had just found out that I was pregnant with Lucy and were looking forward to starting a new chapter with our family and Jon's job.

Our house on Knollwood Ct:
IMG_6072

I cannot believe how little Ari was when we moved onto Quantico....
IMG_9032

In October, we moved into housing on Marine Base Quantico just one month before Lucy joined our family:
mail.google.com

IMG_7410

The first of two babies born in this bedroom.....
IMG_7429

We celebrated many birthdays, holidays, and special occasions.....

First Christmas at Quantico!
IMG_7626

IMG_8152

Ari's fourth birthday
IMG_8893

My cakes for my 25th birthday
IMG_9963

IMG_0555

First Easter at Quantico 2011
easter

Father's Day 2011
IMG_1666

Fourth of July 2011
IMG_2429

IMG_2536

IMG_2434

First day of pre-k at Ashurst Elementary!
IMG_4106

IMG_4097

Halloween 2011!
IMG_1418

Checking out Marine 1
IMG_1636

IMG_1633

The only HMX Ball we attended (the first year they canceled it and had a dining out in February instead which I couldn't attend because I had a three month old Lucy and last year I had a two day old Ruby).
IMG_2061

Family Christmas photo 2011
190 copy

family1

Arianna performing in The Nutcracker Twisted with SDC
IMG_3411

Christmas 2011, Jon's dad came to spend it with us!
IMG_3777

IMG_3618

Kicking off 2012 with some snow!
IMG_3823_2

Ari's fifth birthday party
IMG_4376 - Version 2

IMG_4437

Valentine's Day
IMG_3924

IMG_4542

St. Patrick's Day
IMG_5523

IMG_5483

Spending time in DC
IMG_4694

IMG_4710

Easter 2012
IMG_5701

White House Egg Roll
IMG_5802

We made a very special and surprising announcement!
IMG_5884

IMG_5731

Ari performed in her first recital with SDC
IMG_6057

IMG_6066

IMG_6235

Fishing with dad
fish

Learning to swim
Swim

Picnic at a beautiful park in Manassas
IMG_6323

IMG_6288

Announcing that we would be welcoming another little girl
_DSC2979

_DSC2960

_DSC3190

First day of kindergarten!
IMG_6980

IMG_6975

IMG_7003

First visit to the National Museum of the Marine Corps
IMG_7269

Watching an EOD robot
IMG_7274

More robots
IMG_7324

Walking through the museum
IMG_7352

IMG_7375

Ari started Girl Scouts
Girl Scout promise.

A Blessingway for Ruby and I where I got to meet a longtime friend, Vanessa.
IMG_8149

IMG_8157

Arianna got to go to Disney on Ice
IMG_7870

IMG_7863

Halloween 2012
IMG_7420

IMG_7824

IMG_7836

IMG_8199

IMG_8212

IMG_8226

IMG_8261

IMG_8264

Painting pottery, a last special outing before Ruby is born
Almost done!

Personalizing a plate

The second baby born in our bedroom, Ruby Estelle
IMG_8456

IMG_8470

IMG_8514

Day 4- With Siblings. #photoadaybaby #babysfirstmonth #latergram

I was hospitalized after Ruby was born and realized how many amazing people I was surrounded by as I was lifted up in prayer and support while I recovered.
Waking up at 4am with chills, aches, and a 103 fever is always fun! I'm fine, Ruby is fine. Just a killer head and neck ache.

Getting ready for Thanksgiving
#fall #thanksgiving decorations

#fall #thanksgiving decorations

Lucy's first haircut
IMG_8617

IMG_8623

Lucy's 2nd birthday
IMG_8681

IMG_8699

IMG_8769

Christmas 2012
In her #Christmas dress, waiting to see Santa.

Waiting in line for #Santa. #christmas

IMG_8802

_DSC3078

_DSC3109

_DSC3159

IMG_9007

Little did we know that 2013 would be our last year here (we were expecting to be here until the summer of 2014).....

The new year brought a new and stylish haircut for Lu!
IMG_9759

IMG_9753

Ari turned six
Day 38

IMG_9955

IMG_9972

Ruby's first Valentine's Day
IMG_9487

Day 7

IMG_0213

Day 45

Ari sold Girl Scout cookies (and did very well)!
Would you like some Girl Scout cookies?

We made many trips to Sweet Frog! We will miss it when we move
@jonb421 taunting the baby with froyo lol. #sweetfrog #pictapgo

Look who got a little taste of Sweet Frog today  #pictapgo_app #babysfirstyear

We'll also miss Baylor's Ice Cream
Today, I just needed to spoil my babies a little bit  #pictapgo_app





.......and we made so many friends!

Christmas crafts with our first friends at Quantico: Suki, Angelina, and Jocelyn
163072_1747384721256_1137942756_2011874_748074_n

Two more first friends: Johnny and Sarah!
IMG_7707

Ari's fourth birthday party
IMG_8887

IMG_8890

IMG_8900

IMG_9188

IMG_9401

IMG_9413

IMG_9465

IMG_9468 - Version 2

IMG_9490

IMG_9426

IMG_9527

IMG_9574

IMG_9607

IMG_9668

IMG_9632 - Version 3

IMG_9697

Memorial Day
memorialday

Elena's 1st birthday
IMG_2012

IMG_2134

Fourth of July
fourth

paisley

lena

Suki's Baby Shower
IMG_3008

IMG_3018

Celebrating Joscelyn's third birthday!
josce

Noelani's fifth birthday
nola

Joint birthday party for Suki's daughter Angelina and Suki's niece.
birthday

birthday2

Lucy and Kirah at Sarah's baby shower for Una and Ina
IMG_3227

IMG_3329

Remi's 1st birthday
IMG_3584

IMG_3577

Kirah's 1st birthday
kirah

kirah2

kirah3

Halloween 2011 with neighborhood friends
IMG_1969

IMG_1973

One of my favorite friend memories. Being there with Sarah and Tony as Sarah brought Una and Ina into the world <3 IMG_2549

IMG_2703

Planting popcorn in the backyard with Noelani before the Hopfe's moved away :(
IMG_3890

Easter 2012 at the Pratt's house!
IMG_5737

IMG_5777

Hanging out with Micah and Kirah at their new house
Ari drew her friend Micah with his pterodactyl wings. #playdate #friends @linaabp

Halloween playdate
IMG_7848

Saying goodbye to the woman who helped me have a healthy pregnancy and amazing birth, Tammi McKinley, CPM
IMG_9387

IMG_9386

Celebrating Karoline's birthday
IMG_9566

Day 19

Ru loves Aluria!
IMG_9574

IMG_9573

Ari's sixth birthday party with friends
IMG_0075

IMG_0069

IMG_0068

Ruby and James existing together while I work at String Beans
❤

Stocking day! #chaos

Ruby loves Madison
Madison and Ruby ❤

Lucy loves Madison too!
Madison and Lucy. Lucy's social skills are improving so much now that she has regular playmates ❤#PicTapGo

Brice was so sweet with Ruby
Everybody loves Ru-Ru! #babysfirstyear #PicTapGo

My boss
She's like a kid on Christmas! #stringbeans #pictapgo

I love this kid
Brice wanted a picture ❤ #pictapgo_app

Helping open the new machine. #pictapgo

Just another day at work! #PicTapGo

Madison taking Lucy for a walk!

Abby

Lucy and Emy
Snack time! #PicTapGo

The Balogs are so much fun! This family is our family <3 data-blogger-escaped-a="" data-blogger-escaped-href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahb918/8566306080/" title="We may have had a little too much fun with the boob cake.... @lisamew #PicTapGo by sarahb918, on Flickr">We may have had a little too much fun with the boob cake.... @lisamew #PicTapGo

Meeting Baby Max
TEENY TINY BABY SNUGGLES!!!!!

Sweet baby girl #PicTapGo

Lisa and Ru
@lisamew and Ruby Ru!  #babysfirstyear #pictapgo

Getting in my newborn snuggles with Maxie! #pictapgo

IMG_1088

IMG_1091 - Version 2 copy

Max and Ruby
IMG_1095

Ruby and Max
IMG_1099

Emy, Max, Ruby, and Lucy
IMG_1105

More great friends came to visit us from Hampton!
Little house guests! @auphelia

They were super stoked to see Shaun the Sheep on our tv! There were many happy screams and much clapping!  @auphelia

Hair dye fun!
Lets hope this works! @auphelia @lisamew #pictapgo

The mechanics of mixing developer @lisamew @auphelia #pictapgo

From Saturday with @lisamew #latergram #pictapgo

Having some bounce house fun at Hunter's birthday party
Jumping at a birthday party! #pictapgo_app

Ari graduated from kindergarten!
This is what Ari is coming home to. It isn't much, but she will be excited #pictapgo_app #graduation

Popcorn is for movie night later! Hopefully the power stays on tonight! #pictapgo_app #graduation

And danced in her second and last recital with SDC
Tap recital costume #pictapgo_app

Ballet recital costume. I am not ready for my baby to look this old!  #pictapgo_app

Tiny dancer  #pictapgo_app

Ari and Micah at the mall
Kids event at the mall earlier. There were all kinds of animals including a chimpanzee, a lemur, a hedgehog, a kangaroo, a rabbit, a snake, and this iguana! #pictapgo_app @linaabp

Happy fourth birthday, Madison!
Make a wish!  #pictapgo_app

Happy birthday, Madison!

Madison loves her gift from Ari, Lucy, and Ruby  #pictapgo_app

Celebrating Kaleigh's birthday




Epic friends weekend!













We got to spend lots of time with Uncle Bob and Aunt JoAnn
IMG_7522


But now it's time to move on......

IMG_1218

IMG_1200

Goodbye, Virgina! I'm glad we got to experience you! Thank you for the lifelong friends that you brought into our lives, pretty nice base housing on Quantico, the opportunity to connect with some of our extended family, the DC experience, Georgetown Cupcake, Sweet Frog, the chance for my kids to experience snow, an amazing church, a wonderful school and dance studio for Arianna, and the career opportunity of a lifetime for Jon. I will NOT miss your traffic or your horrible drivers, your ongoing construction that I'll never see the end of, or your erratic weather (rain in the summer, really??)! Overall, it was a good experience and I'm sure once we are gone, I will miss it.

Looking forward to a change in weather!
Can't wait to leave the left for the right on Monday! Hopefully the snow doesn't cause issues with our flight  #PicTapGo

We'll miss the rain though
She said she "didn't want her head to get cold" lol. It's like 70-some degrees out and humid. ☔⛅#pictapgo_app

I never really take my kids out to play in the rain (I need to work harder on being a fun mom) so she was kind of stunned when I took her hand and walked her out into it. Her surprise almost immediately turned to extreme excitement and this little face ma

Sometimes you just need to run around in the rain with your kids! ☔

"I'm gonna get you and splash those babies!" ~Ari


This move is bittersweet. It's never easy to leave behind the people who you've become close to and come to know as family. I didn't love Virginia, but the people we've met here made the experience great and I wouldn't change any of that. We move on to the next chapter of our lives knowing that these will be lifelong friends and we hope to someday cross paths again.

Thank you for the memories, everyone!

Love, 
The Bush Fam{ily}

1 comment: