I got online to check admission prices and then looked at what it costs to become a member. Membership for a family of four is $110 for one year and includes free general admission and $5 each for special exhibits, the Planetarium, and IMAX. For the girls and I to go today and get tickets for both general admission and the Sesame Street body exhibit would have cost $66 and that was with Lucy and Ruby both being free. Come November when Lucy turns three, she will also be charged admission. So.....if Jon and I were to take the girls after November and get tickets to any special exhibits, it would cost us $132 for ONE DAY vs. $110 for an entire year and $5 for extras.
Needless to say, we are now proud members of the Arizona Science Center! We will definitely get our money's worth as after today's visit, Arianna already wants to go back this weekend and check out everything that we didn't get around to seeing. The Sesame Street exhibit will be up until September and then they are changing it out to something else so we'll want to check that out as well.
We had a great time today though!
When we first walked in, we saw an outdoor water exhibit that even I've never seen in all of the years that I've been. I think we spent a full hour out there letting the girls play. They had a blast and got completely soaked!
You can barely see her, but I love Lucy's face in these. She was screaming with excitement as the water shot the balls up into the air!
It was hard to get pictures of Ari, she was all over the place experimenting with the different parts of the exhibit
When the girls finally had enough of the water, we headed inside. We spent a few minutes in a building/architecture room before heading upstairs to the special exhibit because I wanted to make sure that we saw it before Lucy got too work out and impatient.
Playing with tangrams
Sesame Street!
They spotted this giant telescope as we were leaving and wanted to look into it. They discovered that when they did, their faces appeared on a screen!









































































No comments:
Post a Comment