Wednesday, October 9, 2013

1483 Days

Just two days after our home goods were delivered, the girls and I said goodbye to Jon and headed down to Phoenix. A day later, Ruby and I headed out to Maryland for four days to spend some time with my best friend Lisa and her family for a couple of special events!

*Friday- We Leave For Maryland!*

On the plane from Phoenix to Denver! Our first flight left at 6am, it was an early morning O_O
My view right now.

We had about a three hour layover at Denver International so we tried on crazy hats at the gift shop!
#latergram from Denver International Airport on our layover.

Trying on a parrot hat #latergram

Finally in Maryland and we are tired (and I was also sick half the time)!
I am tired and sick #selfie #nomakeup  #babysfirstyear

*Saturday- Emily's Birthday Party!*

Birthday girl- four years old!
IMG_1909

Ru gives Emy a Happy Birthday tackle!
IMG_1913

She had her party at this awesome kid's gym!
IMG_1915

IMG_1916

IMG_1932

IMG_1933

IMG_1937

IMG_1947

Grandma, daddy, and Emy. So much fun!
IMG_1955

IMG_1961

IMG_1969

IMG_1971

IMG_1973

IMG_1974

Making a wish!
IMG_1979

IMG_1981

Back to the house for presents
IMG_1987

Her present from Ari, Lucy, and Ruby
IMG_1989

Daddy helps Emy get her cape on
IMG_1997

Super Emy!
IMG_1999

IMG_2001

IMG_2011

IMG_2013

This was definitely one of her favorite gifts and she's already on her way to being a budding photographer!
IMG_2017

IMG_2022

IMG_2024

*Sunday- Maxine's Baptism!*
baptism1

baptism2

baptism3

Baptism party! 
baptism4

baptism5

Max's turn for presents!
IMG_2040

IMG_2048

IMG_2051

IMG_2053

IMG_2054

IMG_2058

Ru says, "here, let me help you with that..."
IMG_2060

IMG_2068

Freshly baptized little beauty :)
IMG_2072

*Tuesday- Max and Ruby!*

Getting so big!
IMG_2076

IMG_2079

IMG_2081

Hahahaha!
IMG_2082

IMG_2085

Six weeks and and five months
IMG_1093

Seven months and three months
Max and Ruby

Eight months and four months
maxandru

Six months and ten months
IMG_2088

Max
Sweet baby Maxine.

Goddaughter❤️

Lisa and the girls dropped Ru and I off at the airport around 11am and our flight to Cleveland, OH left at 1pm. We had another long (four hour) layover so we ate, walked around, and spent some time at the USO before getting on our last flight to Phoenix at 6pm.

The Cleveland airport is pretty neat and has a tribute to music and rock and roll.
This airport is awesome!

The USO is also incredibly nice!
Playing at the USO!

She was exhausted by the time it was time to board.
Photo a day for International Babywearing Week! Cogs indigo RS at the airport! #babywearing #babysfirstyear #internationalbabywearingweek

The sling has sleepy dust. #babywearing #babysfirstyear #internationalbabywearingweek

Our visit was short, but so much fun! We got to meet Lisa's extended family and I'm just really happy that we got to be a part of two big events for our best friends. We had a really easy time traveling (no problems with TSA or the flights) and I'm very thankful to my parents for taking care of our two big girls while I was gone and Jon worked. I would have loved to take them with us and they would have had a blast, but flying alone with three would have been a lot more expensive and a lot more stressful! They were in great hands though and I know they had a great time with grandma and grandpa. Ru and I were happy to get back to them. We're finally all settled back up at our house getting ready for the holidays!






No comments:

Post a Comment