Monday, October 14, 2013

1488 Days

ELEVEN MONTHS OLD

Ruby and her little friend Max (who might actually be bigger than her now)!
IMG_2085

Weight: 19 pounds

Eating:
Not many new foods this month. We've been doing a lot of purees, but are slowly trying to reintroduce table foods hoping that they won't be as hard on her stomach if we go a bit slower this time. She loves her apple and sweet potato blends as well as anything with banana so those are the things we've been trying to give her whole vs. in puree form. She does LOVE strawberries!

Lunch time! We do a mix of table food and purees, depending on what we're eating. Today, the girls and I had tacos for lunch and I'm not quite ready to introduce Ru to Taco Hell (I know, I know, it's not good for us either) so peas and brown rice purée it


Sleep:
We may finally be seeing an end to her awful sleeping habits! She's still kind of a difficult napper, but she's had some mornings where she's napped anywhere from 2-4 hours which is fantastic. On a good day, she'll take a two hour nap in the morning and then another hour nap in the afternoons. She's sleeping pretty soundly most nights as well, although she is a pretty light sleeper.

 #babysfirstyear

Health:
Great overall! She doesn't seem to be having any problems to the change in weather so far and hopefully we'll avoid colds and flu this winter!

Tooth #6! Top right lateral incisor.

Milestones:
*Running. This child….within about a week of learning to walk, she was already running. She rarely ever crawls anymore.

*Climbing. She's always been somewhat of a climber, but now she's able to get up and off the couch on her own as well as up on chairs and she also climbed a ladder that Jon was using. We've definitely got to keep an eye on this one now!

Not really a milestone, but a big event…she got to travel to Maryland! She and I went out for her BFF Max's baptism and Emy's birthday party! I love seeing her and Max together as they grow.

*"Mama"- she finally said it on October 8th! It was the day we were flying home from Maryland and we were sitting at the Cleveland, OH USO waiting for our last flight. She was running around playing with toys and babbling when she walked straight over to me and yelled, "MA-MA!" I wish I could have gotten it on video, but I wasn't expecting her to say it and she's only said it a few times since. It's still not a word that she's say on command (like "da-da", little stinker). Other things that we think she says are, "Num-num" which is her way of saying "more food" and "all done" (which comes out "ah-duh").

I can't believe this is the last update before we celebrate Ruby's first birthday!

I will cry so many tears when this baby's eyes change color  (ignore the creepy statue in the background) #pictapgo_app

Scootin! This baby is seriously determined to do everything that her sisters do. #babysfirstyear #latergram

Getting more and more hair!
The hairs are growing! #babysfirstyear #latergram

#sisters #love

Sweet, happy baby❤️ #pictapgo_app

Stinker crawled up there by herself and then got too scared to slide down. #babysfirstyear

Loving on her baby ❤️ #babysfirstyear

First successful double hammock in I don't even know how long. She just does not normally have the patience for back wrapping. #babywearing #kokadi

Ari and Ru ❤️

Just found this on my phone lol. I thought it was a selfie, but there are others that she couldn't have taken herself so now I'm thinking it was Lucy. #babysfirstyear

USMC baby! Taken by Lucy.

Mess maker!
I cleaned the entire room, left for two minutes to throw in some laundry and came back to this. Oh, Star

Playing at the USO!

Photo a day for International Babywearing Week! Cogs indigo RS at the airport! #babywearing #babysfirstyear #internationalbabywearingweek

International Babywearing Week Photo a Day! Using our beloved Haven RS at the mall. This wrap was designed with homebirth/waterbirth in mind. I was only able to snag it in a size 4 which is way to small for me to wrap with so I had it converted to an RS.

Lucy on the left, Ruby on the right
Flashback Friday! Lucy in October 2011 and Ruby in the se shirt today. #babysfirstyear







No comments:

Post a Comment