Thursday, November 14, 2013

1519 Days

ONE YEAR OLD!!!
IMG_2194

One year ago today, in the early hours of the morning, God took this little family of four and made us a family of five. At 4:16am, we welcomed Ruby Estelle to the Bush family and she's filled our lives with so much love and joy. She's fit right into the family from the start and it's been so rewarding to watch her grow and change over the past twelve months. This coming year should be even more fun as she learns to talk and interact more. She's already working hard to keep up with her sisters and she's become such a unique little person. Jon and I feel so blessed to be her parents.

Weight/Height: 20 pounds/29 inches

Eating:
She is still nursing, but she's cut down quite a bit. She nurses for very short periods of time and I really feel like she does it more for comfort and to be close to me than she does to eat. She does nurse several times throughout the night.

She's finally getting back to table food! She usually eats some kind of warm cereal (oatmeal or cream of wheat) for breakfast mixes with some cooked or pureed fruit. Lunch and dinner are whatever we're having and occasionally a pouch of food if she's not into what we're eating.

At the beginning of November, she got to try a family favorite- breakfast casserole! She's definitely a fan!

Today, she will be getting her first taste of cake! Photos coming soon ;)

Sleep:
She seems to have regulated her sleeping habits! She's been going down for naps consistently from about 11am-1pm and going to bed between 8:30-9pm. Occasionally, she will also take a later afternoon/evening nap while I'm cooking dinner, but I really try to avoid that because it pushes her bedtime back.

Health:
Just six days before her first birthday, poor Ruby Star came down with her first cold. For about a day and a half, she had a rough sounding cough and some congestion, but she never spiked a fever or came down with any other symptoms. After that day and a half, she was completely back to normal. It was so uneventful, I'm not even sure it was a real cold and am leaning more toward it being a reaction to the drop in temperature. I'm so grateful that she appears to have taken after her sisters and developed a nice, strong immune system!

Teeth #7 and #8! Bottom left and right lateral incisors. I'm hoping that she gets a little break from teething because it looks like the first set of molars are up next :(

Milestones:
*Mimicking- there are several silly little hand gestures and clapping motions that we'll do and she will mimic. She's also really picking up on her older sisters' behaviors. When they get loud and excited, she gets loud and excited. When they run to see grandma and start talking to her all at once, she happily runs after them babbling and trying to be a part of the conversations. She desperately wants to be everywhere that her sisters are and do the things that they're doing. It breaks her heart when she's excluded.

*Kisses- a favorite! If I say, "Ruby, give mama a kiss!", she will lean in and smack her lips.

Words: the only word she says consistently is "dada." We finally got "mama" out of her last month, but that one is still far and few between.

We think she tries to say "thanks" when something is handed to her, especially if it's something that she wanted.

*First Halloween! Ruby's last first holiday and she celebrated dressed as Minnie Mouse.

Ruby's First Year

My very last belly photo, taken in early labor.
IMG_8434

Welcome to the world, beautiful girl!
IMG_8456

IMG_8470

photo(25)

One Month
IMG_8851

Two Months
IMG_9403

Three Months
IMG_9933

Four Months
IMG_0467

Five Months
IMG_0775

Six Months
IMG_1113

Seven Months
Wearing a onesie that @mrsdewees gave me when I was pregnant with Lucy. Kept thinking that this was a size 9M and held off on putting it on. Turns out it's a 3-6M and barely fits now! Glad I got a shot of Ruby in it before it's too small. #homebirth #pict

Eight Months
IMG_1311

Nine Months
IMG_1359

Ten Months
Someone definitely got a bath after this! #pictapgo_app

Eleven Months
IMG_2092

One Year
IMG_2195

Someone woke up from her nap with an alfalfa! #babysfirstyear

Achievement unlocked: Make it to one year without eyes turning brown!
SOOTC- the current color of Ruby's eyes. They bounce in between grey-blue and grey-green  #babysfirstyear

They bounce between light grey-blue and grey-green
IMG_2248

I'm not sure how much longer she's going to let me wear her. She always wants up and down and up and down so ring slings work best because I can get her in and out quickly.
Last photo with our pretty Haven RS before it goes to live with another mama! #babywearing #natibaby

Scooting with her sisters!
I need to make an effort to go outside with my kids every day. Even when I'm tired, even when I don't feel like being outside. We had a blast and they are in such great moods after spending just an hour and a half outside with their mom. They deserve that

Going for a ride!
First time doing a simple ruck was a success! I've always gone for the double hammock since Ru was a seat popper, but now our challenge is getting wrapped before she loses patience. Ruck takes less time and less adjusting and she didn't pop the seat! Hope

Sleepy mama, energetic baby. Mom life. #babywearing #babysfirstyear

Apple thief!
Somebody stole my shoe and my apple #babysfirstyear

First Halloween! Baby in a pumpkin.
IMG_2149

IMG_2152

Not impressed
IMG_2166

Minnie Mouse, a hand me down from Lucy.
Ruby Star's first Halloween! Hand-me-down costume from Lucy's first Halloween

Someone found a Snicker's bar to chew on!
Someone snagged a Snickers!

November
"I laugh as I loosen up your subpar ruck!" #babywearing #babysfirstyear #kokadi

Thumbs up!
Ruby Star gives babywearing a thumbs up  #babywearing #babysfirstyear #kokadi

Happy happy happy
Those teeth  #babysfirstyear

IMG_2198

IMG_2199

IMG_2205

IMG_2208

IMG_2209

IMG_2212

IMG_2229

Cannot wait to see what new adventures 2014 has in store for this sweet little girl!
IMG_2197



No comments:

Post a Comment