Today's theme was Sock Monkeys!

Well....that's not entirely true. Today's theme was originally supposed to be "Faces." My idea was to make PB&J sandwiches with faces on them and then the apple/marshmallow smiles. Then I realized that I wasn't entirely sure how to make the face on the bread. I tried using small drops of peanut butter and it just didn't look good so I used the marshmallows instead. When I put the smiles on, that's when I realized that they looked like monkeys! So I changed the theme to Sock Monkeys and next time I'll use raisins for the eyes.
Tomorrow's theme is The Ocean! Stay tuned to see what we're eating! Hopefully I'll be able to get some better pictures as well. I did our bi-weekly shopping trip this morning while Ari was at school and I just barely got lunch prepared in time to run and pick her up from the bus. I didn't have time to get the camera out so I just used my phone and had just enough time to snap a picture of the food before she dug in. She was really excited about having such a fun lunch and can't wait to see what we're having tomorrow :)
And check out what we're having for dinner: Buffalo Chicken Wrappers! I add sauteed onions to the chicken, leave out the broccoli slaw (no reason except that I always forget to buy it), and substitute shredded cheddar cheese instead of blue cheese.

























No comments:
Post a Comment