
Owl ham and cheese sandwich with cucumber eyes and a cheese beak!

Cucumber and pretzel tree

I didn't get any pictures of Ari today because when she came in, I was busy getting OUR lunch/dinner prepared. We had Carne Asada Steak Tacos and.....wow. Just.....wow. As just about everybody who reads this blog knows, we're from Arizona where we can pretty much find good Mexican food on every corner. Now we live in Virginia and they apparently don't really know what Mexican food is. I've been searching and searching for good carne asada to no avail and finally just resigned to gorging myself every time we go home. I finally found a recipe that sounded like it might be good though and we decided to give it a try. I let the meat marinate overnight and we cooked it today.
AMAZING.
AMAZING.
The only thing that I might do differently is skip the oil (or use less. I felt like it made the meat overly greasy) and use just a little bit less vinegar as parts of the meat tasted really really pickled. Other than that, it was absolutely perfect! I steamed some tortillas and added shredded cheese and homemade pico for a really delicious lunch! So excited that I finally found a good recipe!

























No comments:
Post a Comment