Sunday, October 28, 2012

Going Back: 1128 Days/36 Weeks

Ok, I said I was going to be going out of order so the photos in this entry were actually taken on October 19th, one day before my Blessingway.

Back in June, I got an email from Disney announcing a Disney on Ice show that was coming to our area in October! I was so excited as I loved Disney on Ice as a kid and have been wanting to take Ari for a while. As soon as tickets were released for Rockin' Ever After, I booked us two VIP seats. I decided that this would be my gift to her right before she becomes a big sister for the second time and that she and I would go to the show alone. She was even more excited to go after we saw Brave this summer and she decided to be Merida for Halloween. The week of the show, I told her that she could wear her costume. I think she asked me every single day that week if it was Friday yet :)

IMG_7861

Whenever she wears a dress of any kind, she has to test it out to see how well it twirls.
doi

Excited to have a night out with mama
doi2

The evening of the show, we dropped Lucy off with Uncle Bob and Aunt JoAnn. I briefly (like, for less than a minute) considered bringing her with us, but decided against it. I had promised Ari a special night out with me and that's what I wanted to give her. Plus, our show was at 7:30pm which is 30 minutes past the time that we normally all get in bed so I knew that there was no way Lucy would be in a good mood by the end which would have been disastrous. Maybe next time we go she'll be old enough to come with us and really enjoy it. We got the Patriot Center really early so we grabbed a quick dinner before heading back over to wait for the doors to open.

Of course right outside of the entrance is the stand selling $15 programs. "Full color pages! You can follow along with the show! A beautiful keepsake! For $20, you also get a coloring book and a (silk) rose!" Arianna looked at me expectantly. These people were good.
IMG_7863

But anything for her on this special night :)
IMG_7865

We had already eaten so I told her before we went in that we weren't getting any snacks, but I did agree to one snow cone (and we later bought a second cup for Lucy before we left).
IMG_7870

IMG_7872 - Version 2

After looking around at all of the other souvenirs, we decided to head in and sit down.

IMG_7873

We sat in the second row from the front and there was nobody in front of us!
IMG_7876


IMG_7884

Since we got there early, we had about an hour before the show started so she ate her snow cone and looked at her program until the lights went out and Mickey and Minnie appeared!

IMG_7877

Having such a good time and the show hasn't even started!
IMG_7878

IMG_7882

It's starting!
IMG_7885

IMG_7891

IMG_7893

IMG_7894

IMG_7895

IMG_7896

IMG_7901

The first performance was The Little Mermaid
IMG_7910

IMG_7916

IMG_7918

IMG_7920

IMG_7922

IMG_7926

IMG_7928

IMG_7929

IMG_7931

IMG_7935

IMG_7939

IMG_7949

IMG_7955

Next up: Tangled!
IMG_7961

IMG_7962

IMG_7968

Ari was SO amused by the horse on skates
IMG_7976

IMG_7980

IMG_7981

IMG_7985

IMG_7986

IMG_7987

IMG_7988

IMG_8002

IMG_8003

After Tangled, they did a short intermission and then.....BRAVE! Unfortunately, I was a little bit disappointed in the Brave segment. I felt like it was really short compared to the other three and the really didn't do much with the story. Arianna, on the other hand, said it was her favorite :)
IMG_8009

Her face lit up when she saw Merida!
IMG_8010

IMG_8012

IMG_8017

IMG_8019

IMG_8023

IMG_8026

IMG_8034

IMG_8036

IMG_8037

IMG_8038

IMG_8041

The final performance was Beauty and the Beast!
IMG_8044

IMG_8045

IMG_8047

IMG_8050

IMG_8052

IMG_8061

IMG_8069

IMG_8071

IMG_8072

IMG_8074

IMG_8076

IMG_8086

IMG_8089

IMG_8095

IMG_8098

IMG_8100

IMG_8102

IMG_8103

IMG_8105

IMG_8108

IMG_8112

IMG_8114

IMG_8116

IMG_8117

IMG_8124

After Beauty and the Beast, everybody came out for one final performance.
IMG_8127

IMG_8131

IMG_8132

IMG_8135

IMG_8138

IMG_8139

IMG_8146

Even I was getting tired toward the end so I figured Arianna would be wiped out and ready to go, but when I looked at her after the curtain closed, she was still smiling and clapping just as much as she was when the show started (she did, however, fall asleep in the car before we even got out of the parking lot).
doi4

We picked Lucy up and headed home where Jon was waiting for us. He took Arianna out of the car and up to bed. I guess he tried to get her into pajamas and, in her sleep, she refused to take her dress off so we just let her sleep in it. She was still wearing it the next morning when she excitedly told him all about the show and her favorite parts. I'm so happy that she enjoyed her night and I can't wait to take her again sometime!

(Check back on the 30th for a BIG pre-Halloween update with photos from our trip to Cox Farms at the beginning of the month, the spiderweb craft playdate that we hosted, Arianna's fall walk, Jon's squadron Halloween party, and pumpkin carving!)

No comments:

Post a Comment