WE'RE MOVING!!!!!
Nope, not just the blog this time! The five of us- Jon, Sarah, Ari, Lucy, and Ruby will be relocating to a new home in (most likely) a new state by the end of 2013! Now I know you have questions.....
"I thought you were supposed to be in Virginia for another year!"
Correct! We originally anticipated being in Virginia until the summer of 2014, but true to character, the military changed things up on us and Jon now has orders for recruiting! He got the call last week and, trust me, we were just as surprised as you are. We went through all of the emotions- shock, denial, acceptance, and now we're on to excitement and optimism! This will be very good for Jon's career, it opens up several new locations for us to move to, and, selfishly, I'm relieved that he will be stateside for another four years. I know the Marines train to deploy and take great pride in going overseas to serve their country, but I'm not a Marine. I'm a Marine's wife and his kids and I (and all of our friends and family) want him home ;)
"So how does this work?"
Jon will go to USMC Recruiter's School in California and be there for eight weeks. The military will not pay for the girls and I to go out there with him so we will remain out here while he completes the course though we might possibly try to go out for graduation. He will be notified of his district assignment right before graduation and after that he will come home and start preparing for the move.
"Where and when will you be moving?"
Ha, good question! Unfortunately, I do not yet know where our new home will be and that's the #1 question on my mind. Yes, we do get to fill out a "wish list." No, the wish list is absolutely NOT a guarantee of any sort. The needs of the military will always come first and that may mean ending up in a location that's not on our list at all. That said, Phoenix will absolutely be listed as our top preference and we'll do everything that we can to get out there or at least get close. Our mutual second choice would be somewhere in Texas and there are several cities there that we can list as preferences.
So that's currently where we're at and what we know! As always, prayers, well wishes, and good thoughts are appreciated as we prepare to start our next adventure. I will update everybody as we're given more information and a big announcement will most definitely be made as soon as we know where we're going. For now, I've started the process of de-cluttering our house in preparation for the move. I know we still have several months, but I know they're going to fly by and I don't want to have to try and do it all at once with only a few days to go before the move. So local friends, be on the lookout. LOTS of stuff will be given away in the coming months. I already have a large box full of toys, curtains, cookbooks, wrapping paper, and other random odds and ends. All of the stuff is in perfectly good (in some cases brand new) condition, I just have no use for it and either don't want to go through the hassle of selling it or don't want to sell it because it was given to us free. As little as we have to take with us, the better!
Coming soon to a town near you! Or you.....or you....


























No comments:
Post a Comment