Monday, January 28, 2013

1229 Days

Week 4 of Project 365!

Day 22
Day 22

Smoothies have become a favorite in our household and I love them because it's a great way to sneak veggies into Lucy (she would NEVER even entertain the thought of eating spinach any other way)!
IMG_9588

I've been experimenting with different combos and I think this one is our favorite so far (all measurements are approximate). It tastes very similar to Jamba Juice's Razzamatazz:
2 cups strawberries
1 banana
Spinach (about a large handful)
2-3 cups of fresh orange juice
About 2-3 cups of frozen strawberries, 1 banana, 1-2 cups of orange juice, and a big handful of spinach. This tastes just like Jamba Juice Razzmatazz!


Day 23
Day 23

I had just put Ruby down for a nap (in a onesie that was made for her at our Blessingway) when a package from my mom arrived:
Yup!

That would be Lucy.


Day 24
Day 24

WE GOT SNOW!
I like the snowflakes at the top ❄❄❄❄

I am a true Arizonan and I don't own "winter shirts." I own summer shirts and jackets ;)
IMG_9666

IMG_9593

IMG_9594

IMG_9595

IMG_9596

First snow day of 2013! ❄

IMG_9598

IMG_9599

IMG_9601

IMG_9603

IMG_9604

IMG_9605

IMG_9612

Ruby's very first snow. Cold baby was not impressed!
IMG_9616

IMG_9617

IMG_9619

IMG_9621

IMG_9623

IMG_9626

Lucy's first real snow!

IMG_9627

IMG_9633

IMG_9642

IMG_9649

IMG_9650

Attempting to sled
IMG_9655

IMG_9657

IMG_9658

IMG_9659

IMG_9662

By late afternoon it had mostly melted away
IMG_9663

IMG_9664

Ari got in a little bit more time in the snow while the babies napped later that day.
Getting in some more snow time before it all melts! ❄⛄❄⛄

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This last one obviously isn't related to the snow, but I wanted to share it. It's not often that I think my three girls look alike. They are all three absolutely beautiful, but each girl has her own unique look and defining features that separate her from her sisters. Ari is tall and pretty fair skinned with brown hair and light brown eyes. Lucy resembles her daddy, but definitely inherited my Asian/Hispanic coloring. Her skin, eyes, and hair are so dark and match her intense personality. Ruby is by far the fairest with ivory skin and bright blue eyes (whether or not they stay blue remains to be seen, but I'm hoping) and also resembles her daddy a lot. The other day I got to looking at old photos and came across two of Ari and Lucy that made me think, "They did look alike at one point!" Add a recent photo that I took of Ruby and you can definitely see a resemblance. They were all around two months old in these photos.

Ari, Lucy, and Ruby around 2 months old #sisters #siblings


Day 25
Day 25

IMG_9694

Child is KILLIN me with these eyes! I can't even lie, I'm going to be so sad when they turn brown (and yes, I'm saying "when" not "if." I'll be shocked if they stay blue).
IMG_9696

IMG_9699

IMG_9700

IMG_9703

IMG_9704

IMG_9705

After her bath, I went downstairs to get a diaper and some clothes. I came back up and found Arianna introducing Ruby to the iPad. She was mesmerized. And so it begins....
Came out of the bathroom and found Ari letting Ruby watch Curious George on the iPad. She was mesmerized. So it begins....

#sisters #siblings


Day 26
Breakfast this morning!

When I started this project, I promised myself that I would use my Canon for the daily photos as much as I possibly could and so far I've been pretty good about it! Saturday was busy though and I just didn't have time to get out the camera and take a photo. So today is a cheat day, but I'm limiting myself to no more than one day per month that I get to use an iphone photo (and ideally I won't use any as the main photo). Anyway, we had a fun breakfast this morning before heading up to Maryland to see some friends!
She was very excited about her breakfast!

@lisamew is making some kind of delicious smelling chicken!

Emy and Ari


Day 27
Day 27

IMG_9711

IMG_9713

IMG_9714


Day 28
IMG_9726

Ruby's first day in a one-size diaper!
IMG_9719

IMG_9720

IMG_9721

IMG_9723

Cross posted to 365 Days of Life, Love, and Laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment