Monday, February 4, 2013

1236 Days

Day 29
Day 29

Shaggy Lucy was in need of a haircut!
IMG_9736

IMG_9737

She did much better this time (less crying), but still needed mama to hold her hand for a few minutes.
IMG_9743

IMG_9746

IMG_9748

IMG_9749

IMG_9753

IMG_9755

IMG_9758

IMG_9759

IMG_9760

IMG_9761

Best part of getting a haircut!
IMG_9768

It is absolutely gorgeous out today so we walked to school to pick up Ari.

Slide


Day 30
Day 30

Love our new Valentine Scentsy warmer!
IMG_9849

IMG_9850


Day 31
Day 31

Modeling a onesie made for her by my dear friend Vanessa at our Blessingway!
IMG_9819

IMG_9825

Ruby in a onesie made by @auphelia at our Blessingway! #babysfirstyear

And a onesie sent from our friend Dave in AZ!
So-Cal baby!

Day 32
Day 32

She's actually still a bit too young and small for this, but it kept her entertained for a few minutes while I fed the older two!
IMG_9811

Daddy and baby ❤

❤❤❤


Day 33
Day 33

So as most of my mom-friends know, I have never had any luck with wraps made of stretchy fabric (the Moby, the Wrapsody, etc). I felt like I could never get them secure enough without them being uncomfortably tight for both the baby and I. I was much happier with my soft structured carriers (Ergo and Beco Gemini), but SSC's are really better suited for older infants and toddlers. Enter the Girasol woven wrap!
IMG_9832

IMG_9834

A few friends of mine had Girasols and RAVED about them, but since I hadn't been successful with wraps in the past, I was hesitant to make the investment. I was also under the impression that wovens were more difficult to work with than stretchy wraps so I had kind of started to accept that wraps and I were just not meant to be. Then last week, I talked to an online friend who insisted that you cannot compare stretchy wraps to wovens and said that she loves her woven wraps despite having the same experience as I had with the Moby. She directed me to Caribou Baby which had Girasols on sale and also added me to a babywearing sale and swap group assuring me that if the wrap absolutely didn't work out, I would easily be able to re-sell it. That was it, I was convinced. I ordered the wrap and prayed that it would work out (because it was so pretty)! I'm happy to report that....

We love it!
This is my "I bought a #girasol on a whim and its totally the best wrap everrrrrr" face! #babywearing #babysfirstyear

The unthinkable has happened. I bought a wrap....AND I LOVE IT! Even more unbelievable? I got my baby wrapped on the first try. Why oh why did I wait this long to get a woven wrap!? #girasol #babywearing #babysfirstyear

IMG_9836

IMG_9838

IMG_9840

Mama and Ru ❤


Day 34
Day 34

Ruby's keepsake bib from Jon's squadron!
IMG_9843


Day 35
Day 34

In the wool pants we borrowed from our friend Lisa! Definitely loving these and want to get more. They make amazing diaper covers especially for a heavy wetter like Lucy.
IMG_9845

Passed out

No comments:

Post a Comment