We received wonderful news today! Jon spoke with his career planner and we have orders for VA in MARCH!!!! That's three months earlier than we were originally told! We are thrilled. Our prayers have been answered and God has really blessed us.
Of course I'm a bit anxious as well. It means packing up the house, moving again (though luckily it's only 6 hours away from where we are now as opposed to 2400+ miles), finding a place to live, and settling in again. I told Jon I want to start packing now; just boxing up anything that we haven't touched or used since we got here. It will all be worth it though. This is what we wanted and we GOT IT!
Unfortunately, we got the good news as we were all getting ready to leave the house. Arianna wandered into our room last night around 2am coughing and burning up. She broke our thermometer so I had no way to take her temperature, but she felt like she was around 102-103. I gave her some Motrin and called her doctor as soon as they opened. Thankfully, they were able to get her in at 9am. The appointment was mostly uneventful. They said it's probably just a virus and all we can do is wait for it to pass. They gave us a steroid to give her over the next 3 days to help keep her lungs strong. This was our first time at the pediatrician and I really like them a lot. They were very interested in hearing what Jon and I had to say and did not give me a hard time about Arianna's shots (though I do intend to slowly start vaccinating her).
Of course I'm a bit anxious as well. It means packing up the house, moving again (though luckily it's only 6 hours away from where we are now as opposed to 2400+ miles), finding a place to live, and settling in again. I told Jon I want to start packing now; just boxing up anything that we haven't touched or used since we got here. It will all be worth it though. This is what we wanted and we GOT IT!
Unfortunately, we got the good news as we were all getting ready to leave the house. Arianna wandered into our room last night around 2am coughing and burning up. She broke our thermometer so I had no way to take her temperature, but she felt like she was around 102-103. I gave her some Motrin and called her doctor as soon as they opened. Thankfully, they were able to get her in at 9am. The appointment was mostly uneventful. They said it's probably just a virus and all we can do is wait for it to pass. They gave us a steroid to give her over the next 3 days to help keep her lungs strong. This was our first time at the pediatrician and I really like them a lot. They were very interested in hearing what Jon and I had to say and did not give me a hard time about Arianna's shots (though I do intend to slowly start vaccinating her).
My sick (but still happy) little girl
She was 40 inches and 31 pounds
When we got home, Jon got ready for work. We originally thought he was going to be doing his reenlistment ceremony today so I got myself and Arianna ready to go, but it turns out that they're going to do it on Friday so we just stayed home. Before he left, he found some Incredible Hulk hands that one of the kids left in the garage yesterday.
I really want him to make this his Facebook picture, lol
We were talking to our neighbor when her son came outside with pudding all over his face
Then the kids decided to check our junk mail
Overall it was a good day. My poor baby is having trouble sleeping though so I need to figure out how to make her comfy.

























No comments:
Post a Comment