I've been wanting to do "Breakfast for Dinner" for a while now and I decided that tonight would be the night. We had pancakes, eggs, bacon, and OJ and it was the best dinner I've had in a while. I wanted to share my pancake recipe because I was surprised at how fluffy and delicious they came out.
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of white sugar
1 1/4 cup of milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons of butter, melted
1. First, I poured the milk and let both the milk and the egg sit out at room temperature for a while (about 30 minutes). The recipe didn't say to do this, but in my experience it makes a slightly fluffier pancake.
2. In a large bowl flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, and butter. Mix well until mostly smooth.
3. Heat a lightly oiled or non-stick griddle or frying pan over medium heat (I set mine right in the middle) . Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter in and let cook for 45-60 seconds on each side. Pancake should be golden on each side.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























I love love pancakes.
ReplyDelete