Last week, our church announced that we would be having a Pot Blessing this Sunday and everyone was asked to bring a southern dish or dessert. Jon and I signed up to bring a strawberry pie which I've never made before. Jon got his Grammy's recipe yesterday and I made three pies last night.
I used a pre-made crust because I didn't have time to make
one from scratch.
Slice and wash the strawberries
The ingredients for the glaze
The finished glaze
The finished pie, minus the whipped cream topping
I made the whipped cream this morning. Arianna loved it!
Spreading the cream over the top of the pie
Me and Baby #2 (can you see it!?)
The finished pie
All of the food: fried chicken, BBQ chicken, ham, mashed
potatoes, gravy, corn, macaroni and cheese, sweet potatoes,
green bean casserole, salad, and biscuits!
The desserts: watermelon, two pecan pies (one with chocolate),
a chocolate cake, peach cobbler, cherry cobbler, and my
strawberry pie!
We had a great time! The food was fantastic and Jon got to talk to a pastor who is visiting from South Africa with his family. Jon said the conversation was really eye opening and truly made him remember (not that he ever forgot) how fortunate we are to be living in America.
Later on, we're going out to have dinner with Beau, Amber, and Brenton. The kids had such a good time playing on the 4th of July that we decided to get them together again so that they stay familiar. We're taking one of the pies over as well as some shrimp! I'm so excited for seafood! We never make it here since Jon doesn't like it (he's having steak tonight). We probably won't be back until later this evening so I will probably have another post up tomorrow with pictures from this evening.
Two great meals in one day, nice weather, and time with my family and friends! I'm so grateful and really couldn't ask for much more! I also want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH, GRAMMY! The pies were a complete success and I already have people asking for the recipe :)















































No comments:
Post a Comment