I'm feeling so blessed today. I've been waiting for this day since mid-March. It's not a holiday, a birthday, or an anniversary. For the most part, it's really no different than any other day. Those of you who pay attention to my blog subjects may have seen though that today, July 12th, 2010, I am 20 weeks pregnant. I am halfway through my pregnancy with my second child! I am so grateful to have reached this point with no scares or complications.
Also in Baby #2 news, some of you may be wondering why we never had our "big" ultrasound on the 9th. Well....it's actually kind of a long story, haha. I'll leave out the details and just say that we have rescheduled for this Wednesday the 14th! Hopefully that will be the day that we find out if we're having a boy or a girl. It's important to both Jon and I that Arianna be included when we find out and there has been some question as to whether or not she will be allowed in the room during the ultrasound. If she is unable to be present, we are going to hold off (I know, I know, more waiting!) on finding out the sex and schedule an appointment with an independent ultrasound center that specializes in 3D ultrasounds. We will have to pay out of pocket for this (they aren't medical facilities so insurance doesn't cover them), but I know for sure that we will all be allowed to be present and we'll also get some very nice keepsake pictures and a DVD. Jon and I aren't just "becoming parents" again, we're expanding our family and that includes Arianna. Not having her there with us just isn't an option :)
On to our pictures from last night! We went out to Beau and Amber's house for dinner and the kids got to play again. I was really happy that they remembered each other and seemed to warm up faster than they did the first time.
We spent some time outside before it got dark
Arianna found some toy goggles and wore them
around the house
We also had a FANTASTIC dinner! Amber made shrimp creole which I've never had before. They're from Louisiana so they are big into seafood and spicy food. Jon even tried the sauce (without shrimp) and said it was really good. We brought over one of the pies for dessert and everyone liked that too. I'm glad we've been able to get together with people and make some friends!
































No comments:
Post a Comment