Yesterday was Jon's squadron picnic! I never realized how big of a base Quantico is since I've never been past the hanger where Jon works. The picnic was held on the other side of the base at Lunga Park. It's a really nice area! It's on a lake and there is a playground and a huge picnic area where they had all of the food set up.
Jon said he wants to rent a boat and take it out sometime!
There were people fishing yesterday.
One part of one table of food. Squadron knows how to
feed people!
Dessert tables
They had free snow cones for the kids!
There was also a lady there making balloon helicopters
I had a really good time, I just wish it hadn't been so hot and humid. Yesterday was the first day so far this summer that the heat really got to me. It was 101 degrees with at least 90% humidity. I drank two bottles of water, but it just wasn't enough. I only lasted about an hour before I was ready to go. Even Arianna didn't stay out on the playground too long. When the toddler loses interest in the playground, it is DEFINITELY too hot to be outside! I came home and took a cold shower (something I never do) and fell asleep until about 8pm while Jon and Arianna ran errands.
Today has been a lazy day. I'm back to not feeling very well and don't feel like being out in the heat or in the car much. I really hate being so sick, but it was the same way when I was pregnant with Arianna so I guess it's to be expected. I am blessed with healthy, uncomplicated pregnancies (which I am grateful for) but I just can't seem to kick the nausea.
She's worth it though. Look at that smile :)
Little feet love to kick!





































No comments:
Post a Comment