Last Wednesday (the day Lucy turned six months), I took Arianna to the housing office to play Candy Land. We have the game at home, but this was an interactive game that she could actually get up and physically participate in.
The turn out was really small (only two other kids), but I think that actually worked out well. It wasn't crowded and the event coordinator was sweet enough to make sure that everybody won. The prizes weren't bad either! Along with three lollipops, Arianna won four tickets to the movie theater in Stafford! Friday evening, she "treated" Jon, Lucy, and I to Rio. I think the plot was just a little bit too old for her, but she loved the singing and dancing and all of the animals. Lucy was wonderful. She was mesmerized by the screen for about the first ten minutes and then fell asleep on my lap for the remainder of the movie. I plan on taking Arianna to some of the free movies at one of the theaters out here and I feel better knowing that Lucy can get through a movie.
I'm really looking forward to this summer. Last year I was still pretty early in my pregnancy with Lucy and I was just miserable. We barely even left the house and didn't do any of the things that I wanted to do because I was so sick. We didn't even go swimming once which is beyond abnormal for Arizona natives. We plan to make up for it this summer though! The base pools opened on Saturday and we went for the first time yesterday with some neighborhood friends. I didn't get any pictures since I was on my own with the girls, but we will be spending plenty of time there over the next two months so there will definitely be other opportunities!
After the pool yesterday, we went over to a friend's house to BBQ. Got some adorable pictures of the kids in their Memorial Day outfits and just had a really great time. I love all of the people who we have had the opportunity to meet out here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










































No comments:
Post a Comment