HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Ari's friend Brenten came over and they did some pumpkin crafts!








~THE BUSH FAM{ILY}
We kicked off Halloween three weeks ago with decorations and crafts!

Ari's friend Brenten came over and they did some pumpkin crafts!





We got Arianna's costume two weeks ago. Originally, she said that she wanted to be Belle from Beauty and the Beast. After taking a trip to the Disney store, she changed her mind and decided that she wanted to be Aurora from Sleeping Beauty instead. When we got to the Disney store, we picked up the costume and were all set to pay when she changed her mind one final time (to the ONE costume in the store that was NOT 20% off. Yup, that's my kid). This year Arianna is.......
Rupunzel! I was actually surprised when this wasn't her first pick. I think it was the hair that sold her.



At this point, I still had not made a final decision about what Lucy was going to be so we left with only one costume. That weekend, Jon and I took the girls to Belvedere Plantation (pictures here) and on Monday I took the girls to Snead's Farm because Arianna didn't have school. We went partially because I wanted a couple more pumpkins and partially because we have family pictures scheduled at this farm on the 5th and I wanted to check it out. It's really neat and I wish I could have gotten more pictures of the entire farm. We went on a hayride, picked some pumpkins, and Arianna got to interact with the animals!
Last week we carved our pumpkins! Arianna drew the face on hers and I cut it out. We also used one of them in Lucy's eleven month pictures!







No fear at all. Hey, there might be FOOD in there!!!





Ari's pumpkin on the left.

More of Lucy's pumpkin pictures.






I also finally decided on Lucy's costume. The choices were between a Woodland Fairy (which I would have made myself and which would double as her birthday outfit), a ladybug, and......

Last week we carved our pumpkins! Arianna drew the face on hers and I cut it out. We also used one of them in Lucy's eleven month pictures!




Lucy was very intrigued by the pumpkins!



No fear at all. Hey, there might be FOOD in there!!!





Ari's pumpkin on the left.

More of Lucy's pumpkin pictures.






I also finally decided on Lucy's costume. The choices were between a Woodland Fairy (which I would have made myself and which would double as her birthday outfit), a ladybug, and......

Ultimately, Minnie Mouse won out. I wasn't sure that I was going to have enough time to make the fairy costume between everything else we've had going on and I also wasn't sure that it would stay nice enough to use for her birthday party next month. I briefly considered the ladybug, but one of Lucy's little friends out here is going as a ladybug so I wanted something different. I saw the costume when I bought Arianna's and it was just too adorable to pass up. I attempted to paint her nose black yesterday, but it ended up being too much work to get her to sit still. Lucy also tends to rub her nose a lot so it probably would have just ended up being a mess so she's just going to go as is.
We've got Arianna's school Halloween party, a Halloween party with friends, and trick or treating later this evening so there will be more pictures up of all of that within the next few days plus a post with pictures from a car show that we went to a few weekends ago and a visit to Jon's work!
HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE, EVERYONE!
~THE BUSH FAM{ILY}













































No comments:
Post a Comment