Tuesday, October 25, 2011

768 Days

ELEVEN MONTHS!
IMG_1682

I feel like it can't be possible that in only one more month, we'll be celebrating Lucy's first birthday, but here we are. Eleven months and learning new things every day. This is such a fun age and I wish it could last just a little bit longer.

"I've been having THIS much fun!"
IMG_1678_2

Eating:
We've finally started trying a few different kinds of meat and so far, Lucy loves it! Over the past two weeks, she's had pulled pork, a little bit of ground beef, and some different types of chicken. She also got to try spaghetti with sauce really seemed to like it. She wasn't overly crazy about macaroni and cheese and we also tried banana again with not much interest. She definitely seems to prefer food with lots of flavor and even a bit of spice!

I found a sippy cup that she likes! After trying multiple sippy cups and dealing with the frustration of her not being able to get any liquid through the spouts, I finally got a CamelBak Kids bottle. IT.IS.AWESOME. It's spill proof which is great for obvious reasons, but it's not so spill proof that it's impossible for her to drink out of (like just about every other cup on the market). It's also really durable and can take a hard hit to the ground without cracking or spilling. It's also cute. It's pretty much the perfect baby water bottle.

She also sampled some pumpkin.....
IMG_1696

IMG_1749

IMG_1765

Sleep:
Lucy FINALLY seems to be sleeping well at night again, thank goodness. She goes to bed between 8-9pm and is back to sleeping more than one hour at a time before waking up to nurse. She's even been sleeping later in the morning except on the days that Arianna wakes up early and wakes her up. She takes about two naps during the day and is able to sleep on her own in my room while I do things around the house (I still have to put her to sleep though).

Milestones:
Getting down the stairs! This was kind of a scary one, to be honest. Lucy has been about to get herself up the stairs since she was about 8-9 months old, but she was never able to get back down. Once she got to the top, she would turn around and lean over the edge, looking down. I was so afraid that she was going to fall forward one day that I finally decided to try and show her how to get back down the stairs backwards. To my surprise, I only had to show her once and she picked it right up! Not only did she catch on quickly, she's FAST!

YouTube Video




Saying "bye"! It come out "bah!", but I know it's "bye" because it's accompanied by the cute little backwards wave that she mastered last month.

YouTube Video




Blowing kisses! She started this about two days ago as we were saying goodbye to Jon. I haven't gotten it on video, but I'll try to next time we take Arianna to the bus or Jon leaves for work.

Taking off her diapers! Uh, yea. She's figured out velcro. I guess it's time to switch to diapers with snaps!

Weight/Height:
20.5 pounds and 28 inches. 9-12 month clothing and even able to wear some things that her sister wore when she was two years old!


Health:
Tooth number seven has broken through the gums!

In six days, we'll celebrate Lucy's last first holiday (Halloween)! I'm excited to dress her up, show off her costume, and eat all of her candy (those of you with babies, you know you do it too). Next month, she will take her second trip to Arizona to visit friends and family

Happy Eleven Months, sweet baby girl!
IMG_1711


Lucy and daddy visiting daddy's work.
IMG_1624

IMG_1636

IMG_1651

IMG_1656

IMG_1668_2

IMG_1675

IMG_1702

IMG_1707

"Helping" daddy carve pumpkins.
IMG_1747

IMG_1750

IMG_1757

IMG_1758


(PS: I know I said that Lucy's Halloween costume would be revealed in this post, but I just haven't had time to take pictures of her in it. I was without a computer for a week and so I'm way behind on pictures. They will most likely be up on Halloween :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment