Sunday, October 9, 2011

752 Days

Happy October!

Wow....as of October 1st, we have lived in our current home for one year! That's the longest we've ever been in the same house as a family (we only spent five months in North Carolina and six months in our house off base in Virginia) and I'm happy to have reached that small milestone.

October kicks off my favorite time of year. The weather is beautiful and we're surrounded by the smells and colors of the season. Growing up in AZ, I never really got to experience all of the color changes that come this time of year. Even though I miss AZ and it will always be my home, I'm glad that my kids get to experience a "real" fall.

We started decorating for Halloween early last week and Arianna was excited to help. They're learning about fall in school and will be working with different foods over the next couple of weeks. Next week is apples and they'll be making small apple pies and applesauce. The following week is pumpkin and the week after that is corn. I'm going to try to get a sitter for Lucy and go into her classroom sometime in the coming weeks.

Halloween Garland
IMG_1218

IMG_1221

IMG_1225

Pumpkin lights (that look more like bell peppers)
IMG_1226

IMG_1227

We'll probably get our pumpkins next week, but I don't think we'll carve them until right before Halloween to keep them from looking too wilted.

At the beginning of the week, Arianna's teacher sent home a project for the kids to complete and turn in on Friday. They were each given a cutout of a house. On one side, they were asked to list places that they like to go in the community and on the other side, they were to put pictures of their family. This was Arianna's list and the pictures that she chose.....

IMG_1233

No comments:

Post a Comment