Saturday, August 25, 2012

1073 Days/29 weeks

Happy 21 Months, Lucy!
IMG_7166

18-19 Months

Our big girl at 18 months!
IMG_6137


19 Months
Day 25 #photoadayjune- Something #cute. This little cutie is 19 months old today ❤

Weight/Height:
22 pounds/31 inches

Milestones:
Her vocabulary has absolutely EXPLODED! She's been saying a lot more words on her own as well as repeating words that we tell her to say. Here is a list of words that she's been consistently saying:

  • Cheese
  • Kiss (hiss)
  • Hug
  • More (both saying and signing)
  • Keys
  • Help
  • Hot
  • On
  • Off
  • Uh-huh
  • Thanks
  • Phone (hone)
  • Wait
  • Go
  • Mine

She's also finally saying and nodding yes! So the answer to every question is no longer, "no."

Spending time in Ari's classroom on the last day of pre-k!
Playing on the computers in Ari's classroom.

Enjoying a cupcake
She saw this picture of herself and yelled, "NUM NUM! More?"

Having a picnic and enjoying some outdoor time at the beginning of June
IMG_6293

IMG_6306

Photoshoot with DeAnna McCasland in June
DSC_4202

DSC_4239

DSC_4269

Puddle jumping! Yes, we get rain in the summer out here.
Rainy days mean puddle jumping ☔

June 12th, 2012

Swimming!
FINALLY back at the pool!

Dancing to Laurie Berkner videos on Netflix
Dancing to Laurie Berkner videos on Netflix  #myviewrightnow

She discovered the joy of coloring all over yourself
I wonder where the green marker without the cap ended up..... #toddler

Helping with Daddy's Father's Day breakfast
Lucy helping make daddy some breakfast #fathersday

Her favorite spot for a nap
Lucy and mama <3

Playing with Daddy and her friend, Luca!
Playing "I got your nose" while Luca noms the phone.

Clean, happy babies! @mrsdewees #bathtime

Taking a much needed nap with mama
Untitled


19-20 Months

19 Months
Untitled

20 Months looking around at the Disney Store
Flounder!


Weight/Height
22.8 pounds/30 inches

Milestones:
More words!
  • Spoon
  • Ok (k)
  • Towel
  • Glasses (glass)
  • Popcorn (ca-corn)
  • Pig (she's said this one before, but she's actually gotten really attached to her Scentsy pig)
  • Bump and ow (if she falls or gets hurt)
  • Wipes
  • What (when you say her name)
  • No no no (while waving her finger at you)

The increase in vocabulary has made it a lot easier for us to communicate with Lucy. She can tell us (or at least attempt to) what she wants and tell us "yes" or "no" when we ask her if she wants something.

Trip to the library in late June
Untitled

Having a snack at Uncle Bob and Aunt JoAnn's house
Strawberries and ice cream

Happy 4th of July!
Swimming at a BBQ!

Her first ice cream cone of her own!
 #summer

"Cheese" face!

Having fun at the playground
Having a blast!

Untitled

Scentsy pig!
Good morning! #scentsy

Giving Ari's #scentsy pig a morning hug.

Love this little girl
Cheese face! #mommy #daughter #latergram

She had her first dental cleaning!
Dental cleaning! She did so good!

Toothbrush!

Getting a ride from Daddy at the mall
I wish someone would give me a ride!

Mall playplace with big sister
"I want to follow Ari, but I'm just too small!" #sisters

This kid loves her cupcakes
She looks like The Joker lol.

Jon and I are awful and started playing "where's your nose?" in an attempt to get her to smear blue frosting all over her nose.

Sister love
#sisters #love

She does pretty good with a regular cup as long as it's not too full!
Untitled


20-21 Months

20 months old and making her favorite thing (cupcakes) on the iPad
She is obsessed with this making cupcakes game.


Weight/Height:
23.4 pounds/31.5 inches

Milestones:
This has been a really special month for words! She said her first sentences, Arianna's name, and something that we've been waiting for her to say since she started talking :)


  • Ari ("Aye" and "Nana")
  • I like cake (her first official sentence)
  • I like....(cheese is a popular one)
  • I want.....
  • Ham
  • Poop (she can tell us when she's already gone, but not when she needs to go. Early potty training readiness sign!)
  • iPad (pad)
  • Snack
  • Turtle (this was something Ari got her to repeat)
  • Turquoise (another one Ari got her to repeat)
  • I LOVE YOU!! (she's said both "lu-oo" and "you"). This is the one we've been waiting on and it made me so happy to hear her say it to Jon.

We've also started attempting to make the transition to a big girl bed! It's still in our room at the foot of our bed, but we would really like to get her sleeping through the night in it before her sister arrives. We don't really mind having her in our bed, but 1.) she really doesn't seem to be sleeping all that well with us (I'm guessing due the the growing lack of room there is in our bed) and 2.) Ruby will definitely be sleeping with us when she's born and unless we purchase a sidecar co-sleeper, we can't safely sleep with both kids in the bed. Since we already have Arianna's toddler bed, we are hoping to get Lucy transitioned so that we don't have to purchase the co-sleeper. So far, she's been sleeping about 5-6 hours stretches before crawling back into bed with us which is a good start!


Daddy's boots
Daddy's boots ❤

Untitled

She's my daredevil
Yup, she's got this ;)

Shopping
I can't believe how big and active she is ❤ #toddler #daughter

Winding down to the end of pool season
#sisters #summer

New kicks! The original plan was just to get Ari shoes since she needed some new sneakers for school. Lucy found a pair of TWinkle Toes though and insisted that I put them on her feet (she actually put them on herself, but on the wrong feet). Once they were on, they were NOT coming off.
Twinkle Toes!

My big girl in her big bed :(
Going to try and transition Lucy into a big girl bed. I'm way too sad about this

Silly girl called this her hat
She put a lunchbox on her head and said, "hat!"  #toddler #latergram

Someone got an American Girl Bitty Baby from her daddy!
Gifts from daddy after his trip to NYC last week! #latergram #ag #americangirl

Mama and Lucy
Mama and Lucy ❤

I love how much the girls look alike in these pictures!
I rarely ever see a resemblance between Ari and Lucy, but wow. I see it here!#sisters


IMG_6851

Participating in Big Sister's Day Before School Day activities!
IMG_6865

IMG_6881

Her first FroYo experience at Sweet Frog.
IMG_6930

IMG_6943

IMG_6954

I was bummed that this came out blurry, but I wanted to share it anyway because this is one of her traits. Stealing everybody else's food, haha. If you leave food out, she will immediately find it and take it for herself. If she doesn't like it, she will take it out of her mouth and give it back. So generous of her.
IMG_6955

She had to wear a backpack on sister's first day of school.
IMG_6967

Her 21 month pictures at Chatham Manor!
IMG_7092

IMG_7096

IMG_7097

She runs everywhere!
IMG_7098

IMG_7099

IMG_7103

IMG_7104

IMG_7108

Smelling the flowers
IMG_7114

IMG_7122

IMG_7127

IMG_7132

This is a new thing and I really need to get a video of her doing it because pictures don't show how truly cute and funny it is. Shake Lucy, shake!
IMG_7134 IMG_7135 IMG_7136

IMG_7151

Little person, big world!
IMG_7155

IMG_7159

IMG_7162

Getting closer and closer to two years old!
IMG_7164


So that's Lucy over the past three months! I can't believe my next Lucy update will be at TWO YEARS OLD! By then she will have celebrated her second Halloween, her third Thanksgiving, and most likely be a big sister. Stay tuned, the next update is going to be a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment