Sunday, June 13, 2010

268 Days/15w6d

Several months ago, my old HP laptop got the Blue Screen of Death so we sent it to my dad to see if he could restore it. He was able to get it fixed up and so my mom decorated it and they sent it back to us for Arianna!

Arianna's first computer






We got her the Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom computer game!






She did pretty good with it for a first time computer user!


While Arianna was busy on the computer, I took the opportunity to finish the birdhouse that I started last week. I've been wanting to put branches and flowers on it. I also started a new project, a stool for Arianna.

This is where I left off.....


Now it's finished!


The branches are painted and the flowers are appliques from Michael's.


This is the start of my new project. I'm going to put ladybugs on it for Arianna.


We went to church today! This is the first time we've been since we moved out here in March. Jon and I have been wanting to find a church, but we just kept letting things get in the way of going out and doing it. I woke up this morning and I felt like we really needed to go so I did some Googling and found a church not far from our house. I felt like we needed to at least give it a chance and if it wasn't the right fit, we would just try another one.

It ended up being wonderful! It's a very small community of people, but that was kind of an advantage. It's such a small group that they immediately know when somebody is new and so many people went out of their way to welcome us! It was very warm and people were very friendly. Arianna got to go to Kids Church (the fact that they have something separate for kids is a major plus) and she had a blast. I really loved everything about the church, but the selling point was when Arianna came back from class talking about Luke 7:37-38. I was thrilled that the kids were not only given a coloring page depicting the scene from the passage, but that the teachers talked with them about it! There is nothing quite like your child telling you about how Jesus forgave the woman who washed his feet with her hair. Very amazing moment for me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment