Saturday, June 5, 2010

260 Days/14w5d

We've been having a lot of thunderstorms around here lately and, for the most part, I'm really loving it! I have to say, as much as I miss my friends, family, and the familiarity of my hometown, I don't miss living in the desert. You don't see this kind of green in Arizona.



Our back deck right after the rain


Today was a busy day! We left the house around 11:30am and headed out to Fairfax. We had P.F. Chang's for lunch and then walked around Fairfax Corner looking for a place to get Arianna's hair cut. We didn't end up finding anything other than adult salons so we drove a mile over to Fair Oaks Mall and got it done at Cartoon Cuts.











New cut and a new barrette!




We did some walking around Fair Oaks Mall and then headed back to our side of town to go to Michael's Arts & Crafts. Arianna loved the crafts that we did for Memorial Day so I wanted to find a few more things for her to do this week. We ended up picking up a bunch of $1 wooden animals, a wooden bird house, some big foam sunglasses, and paints. She painted two of the wooden animals as soon as we got home and we're saving some of the other stuff to do over the next few days.

She picked the butterfly and the horse to paint today


Our new paints and glitters










The butterfly went through quite a color transformation from start
to finish. This was the start.








While she painted the butterfly, she asked me to add an eye
and a necklace to her horse.


The is the the finished butterfly. She was adding eyes


I think we'll probably go back and get a lot more of those wooden animals since they are only $1. I was originally looking at the ceramic figurines, but I think the wood is much better for her age. They're easier for her to paint and won't break as easily. She's excited about her bird house and I think we might also get this wooden bird feeder that I saw. I didn't get it today because we have enough to last us the next couple of days, but I think the feeder will be the next thing on our list. It will be fun to fill it with birdseed and attract different birds.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Arianna's new cut! She looks so cute! Abrianna and I have been visiting Michael's a lot, too. Just today we went there and purchased a wooden lizard for her to paint. She wanted to paint it for Chad and give it to him on Mother's Day. Crazy kid. :)

    ReplyDelete