I've got several pictures from the past couple of days that I haven't had a chance to put up until now. First, this is what happens when you turn your back on a three year old girl:
She got a hold of the nail polish and decided to pain her toenails. She really didn't do to bad for a three year old and luckily, she thought to sit on a towel while she did it so any spills landed on the towel rather than the carpet! I really couldn't be too mad at her.
Yesterday afternoon, we made chocolate chip cookies; a favorite in our house.
Preheat over to 375 degrees.
Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside:
2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
Cream wet ingredients together until smooth:
2 sticks of butter,
3/4 cup of brown sugar,
3/4 cup of white sugar,
1 teaspoon of vanilla
Add two eggs, one at a time.
Add the dry ingredients slowly and mix well before adding the chocolate chips
Put spoonful sized drops on a cookie sheet and cook for 9-11 minutes (I do 9 minutes because we like softer cookies)
Mmmmm!
Today, Arianna received a package from her grandma! It was a Little Tykes Makin Mud Pies outdoor play center! Since we don't really have any mud or dirt, I decided to make up a batch or playdoh for her to use in place of the mud. This is the playdoh recipe I used and I really like it! All natural ingredients so it's non-toxic and it really doesn't have a strong smell like store bought playdoh.
1 cup of flour
1/2 cup of salt
1 cup of water
2 tablespoons of oil
2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
Beet, spinach, and carrot juice (optional)
Mix flour, salt, and oil and slowly add the water. Cook over medium heat and stir until dough becomes stiff. Knead with your hands until the playdoh becomes of proper consistency. Use as is or divide into balls and add a few drops of the vegetable juices to make green, pink, and orange.
I used EVOO because we didn't have any vegetable oil
I also omitted the cream of tartar because we didn't have any
The finished playdoh
The playset put together out on the deck
It has a working water pump!
Making "pancakes"
This is what happens when you add water to the playdoh! Goop!
Arianna loves the playset and it's a great way to get her outside during the day. I'll have to make some more playdoh (probably in larger batches) because that small batch didn't last very long once it got mixed with the water, but it lasted the day and she had fun!















































No comments:
Post a Comment