We had our second appointment with Birth Care today! We got to hear the baby's heartbeat again which was 140 bpm. It took a little while to find it as Baby was moving around a lot. He/She kicked the doppler three times before (which was funny to hear) before we found the heartbeat. Arianna was disappointed that we didn't get to see the baby today, but it won't be long! As long as Jon is able to go, we will be going in for our "big" ultrasound July 9th. So only a little over a week until we find out if we'll be welcoming a little boy or a little girl into our family!
I was amused that we had to feed a parking meter.
I never had to do this in AZ. Virginia doesn't seem to be
a huge fan of parking lots!
Arianna playing with the toys in the Lisa's office
during my appointment. Toys in the exam room
are genius. When will OB's catch on? ;)
My appointment with Birth Care was at 8am and we were done by 8:45am. We didn't feel like driving for an hour just to sit at home the rest of the day so we made an impromptu trip into Washington DC! Jon and I have been wanting to do this since we got out here, but there just never really seemed to be a good time. It was either too chilly, too hot and humid, raining, or we just had other plans. Since Birth Care is in Alexandria, we were already halfway there and the weather was in the 70's with clear skies and (what felt like) no humidity. We really couldn't have asked for a better day to walk around.
We started out near the back White House
There was a huge grassy field which was perfect for a
little girl to stretch her legs!
We stopped here for lunch. Best turkey, bacon, and
cheddar sandwich I have EVER had!
Fruit for lunch
After lunch we walked around to the front of the White House
Andrew Jackson Monument
Washington Monument
Arianna fell asleep right before we got to the Washington Monument
and slept for pretty much the rest of the DC trip.
Part of the Smithsonian- I didn't take any pictures in
here because my camera battery was dying and I was
trying to conserve it.
The Capitol- the last thing we saw (other than Starbucks). We
didn't get up very close to the Capitol.
We walked around for five hours and there are still so many things that we didn't get to see. I would have loved to keep going, but I really didn't come prepared. My camera battery was on it's last bar (which is why I didn't take more pictures), I didn't have my zoom lens, and I'm surprised I lasted as long as I did since I wasn't wearing walking shoes! This little trip made me eager to go back and see more though so hopefully we'll get out there again soon.











































I LOVE DC! It is, by far, one of my most favorite places.
ReplyDeleteAnd I also love Cosi! Good food, coffee, and table smores. :) Glad you had a nice day!
I can't wait to go back! So much more to see!
ReplyDelete