Saturday, September 4, 2010

351 Days/27w5d

Early Wednesday morning, Jon and I got a phone call from my Uncle Bob informing us that my Uncle Dennis had passed away the night before after a long bout with cancer. Uncle Bob's plan was to drive out for the memorial service and he invited Arianna and I to drive up there with him. Uncle Dennis was my mom's younger brother and all of my aunts and uncles on my mom's side plus my grandparents and some of my cousins were going to be there. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see them all and say goodbye to Uncle Dennis. We left Thursday morning.

Day 1- Ready to go!






I think I saw one of these signs at every rest stop








End of Day 1


Day 2- Pit stop






Collecting leaves




Driving through St. Louis














Windmills in Kansas




End of Day 2- Uncle Mick and Aunt Suzanne's house


Day 3 (today)- At Josie's house before the memorial service. Josie was my Uncle Dennis's girlfriend and she was with him the entire time he was sick until he passed away. Amazing woman!


Arianna LOVES Josie and her puppy




Uncle Dennis's son, Chris talking to my mom before the service. Right behind Chris is my Aunt Glenda. Next to Aunt Glenda is Chris's mom.


My maternal grandparents.




Arianna was excited to see her Grandma and Grandpa


Grandpa and Uncle Bob talking after the service



No comments:

Post a Comment