Monday, November 5, 2012

1145 Days/38w3d

Arianna and I finally got around to putting November up on our calender this evening and I didn't realize until then what a busy month we have!

#November is a super eventful month! Just got to talk to Ari about DST, Veteran's Day, voting, and Thanksgiving! She learned about Dia de Los Muertos at school in Spanish class  #learning #education

1st: Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead)- Although we don't really celebrate this holiday, Arianna learned a little bit about it in Spanish so we put it up. In fact, she had to explain to Jon what it was because he had never heard of it :)

2nd- Uncle Tyler's 24th birthday! We need to send him his card! This also would have been Paw Paw 84th birthday.

4th- Daylight Savings Time- I still don't understand the point of this because growing up in AZ, we never participated. Regardless though, we set our clocks back one hour.

6th- Election Day- in case anybody lives under a rock (haha) and didn't know that tomorrow is election day, it is. VOTE! Arianna got to vote (swings or slides, hotdogs or hamburgers) in school today which I thought was cute. I really want my kids to grow up knowing more about politics than I did. I actually didn't really become interested in them until the last election and I'm still learning a lot. Political affiliation, candidate of choice, etc will be entirely up to them, but I want them to be informed and be able to vote with conviction (even if that means writing in a name).

11th- Veterans Day! 

16th- Ruby's due date. Arianna got super excited about this one and I had to explain to her that we don't know for sure that Ruby will come on that day, but it will definitely be sometime this month! She can't wait to meet her new sister.

22nd- Thanksgiving. I really want to get some stuff to do a few Thanksgiving/fall themed crafts with the girls. We had so much fun doing the Halloween stuff so even though I won't be hosting a big playdate (since I don't know when Ruby is coming), I still want to do something fun and decorate the house.

24th- Grandma comes to visit! Another date Ari is thrilled about and I know will be counting down to. 23rd- Grandma actually comes in the day after Thanksgiving! I had the date mixed up. I think I'll keep it the way it is on the calender and surprise Ari ;)

25th- Lucy's second birthday!!!!! I can't believe my baby is turning two this month! Her big two year update with photos and milestones will be posted on this day.

30th- We end the month of November with Grandma Leslie's birthday!

The month is already flying by and these are only the major events. We still have our regular weekly activities (school, Girl Scouts and dance), a few special school events (Thanksgiving lunch at Ari's school), and if Ruby still hasn't been born by the 17th, Jon will probably have to go to the Marine Corps 237th Birthday Ball, hahaha. Happy November everybody!

Two photos from Saturday. I came home from a solo grocery trip to this:
Forgot to post this earlier. Came home from a solo grocery trip to this ❤

Love these two littles :)
#sisters #love #family ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment