Sunday, November 25, 2012

1165 Days

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY, LUCILLE SCARLETT!!!!!

Oh my God, my baby is two years old! HOW?! I can't even pretend that I'm not a little bit sad about this. I can't even gather my thoughts. She is such a beautiful and amazing little girl and she has brought so much joy to our lives over the past 24 months. She went from a babbling, toddling, one year old to a full blown walking, talking, toddler.

21-22 Months
IMG_7166

IMG_6851

IMG_6865

Watching big sister get a pedicure. She got to join us for Arianna's big girl day before school day!
IMG_6881

She LOVES Sweet Frog froyo!
IMG_6943

IMG_6954

Arianna's old backpack was passed down to her on Ari's first day of kindergarten
IMG_6967

Walking Ari to school
Day 4 #instaseptember #view on the walk to school.

#sisters #bestfriends

We always stop at the park on the way home from walking to school
Playground!

Has always been her favorite place to sleep
#mama and #babygirl

Fell asleep on the floor after a shower
Baby girl was restless all night long and is now passed out on my bedroom floor at 8am (after her bath and before breakfast- RARE). Should be fun having to wake her up to take Ari to school. I foresee this being a lazy #Monday.

Wearing some of Ari's old clothes
Wearing one of my favorite old outfits of Ari's! #handmedowns #rockandroll

Another old outfit of Ari's! Love this little girl's cheese face  #sisters #handmedowns

Slides are her favorite thing at the park!
Baby girl at the MCM park waiting on some playmates!

She loves playing with my fetoscope
After watching Jon and I listen to the baby's heartbeat, Lucy wanted to listen to her own. #fetoscope

Happy girl
Excited to pick sister up from school!

She can sleep in the strangest positions
Kids can #sleep in the most uncomfortable positions

Mama's big belly makes a nice pillow.

Fell asleep hanging halfway off the couch earlier #latergram

My child threw her pillow and blanket out of her bed, wrapped herself up in the quilt that grandma made, and fell asleep against the hard headboard.

Took a trip to the National Museum of the Marine Corps
IMG_7295

IMG_7311

IMG_7343

Eating funnel cake at the Cox Farms Fall Festival
Trying out some funnel cake at the Cox Farms Fall Festival.

She approves!

22 Months! Testing out some chairs at Babies R Us
Testing out the chairs at Babies R Us


Words and Milestones:
*"Wake up!"

*"I got it!"

*"Alright."

*"Fruit."

*"Snack."

*"Wait!"
 

22-23 Months
My baby is asleep in her own bed at 8pm and went with no fuss.   WHAAAAAAT!?

Helping my midwife at my 32 week Ruby appointment
32 week #midwife appointment. #pregnant #pregnancy #fetoscope

32 week #midwife appointment #fetoscope #pregnancy

This is what happens if Jon tries to leave the house without her. It's even worse if he's taking Ari somewhere and she's not going with them :(
Getting to the age where it breaks her heart if she can't go somewhere with daddy and big sister

Daddy wanted to see her in her new winter jacket and once it was on, she refused to take it off. So she ate dinner in it!
Jon wanted to see her in her new winter jacket and now she's refusing to take it off. So she's eating a quesadilla...in a jacket ☺

Cheese face :D
I love when she hams it up for the camera ❤

Swings at the park
Untitled

At Arianna's school book fair and ice cream social
Picking books

Untitled

Waiting for Ari at dance
Waiting for sister to audition for the winter dance show.

Sorry for all of the boring sleep pictures, but this was actually a milestone. This was the first night that I was able to put her to bed and leave the room before she fell asleep. So proud of her bedtime progress!
Put Lucy to bed at 8:30pm and went downstairs to get a head start on the massive house cleaning I'm doing tomorrow. Came up at 10pm to this. Success!

Ok, ok, last sleeping picture! First nap in her bed!
Completely amazed that she goes down for naps by herself now ❤

She loves hats of any kind
Untitled

"Mama I puncess! Pretty!"
"Mama, I puncess! Pretty!"

She goes through about a million napkins per meal. She is obsessed with having a clean face and hands. I blame myself for constantly wiping her face and hands throughout meals ever since she started eating food. Messy baby faces is one of the few gross things that I haven't quite gotten over even after two kids.
This child is obsessed with having a clean face and hands.

With mama and Ruby
My two littlest ones ❤

Playing at this neat playground in Woodbridge. She said she was "makin food."
She said she's "makin food."

Untitled

23 months- super serious face!
Giving Ruby some love ❤ #sisters


Words and Milestones:
*"I do slip!"- I can do a flip (and she can!)

*"I want daddy-daddy!"- she has become quite the daddy's girl lately and misses him a lot when he's gone. Can't wait until he's home more. It breaks my heart when she wants him and he can't be here :(

*Knows all of the names of the Yo Gabba Gabba characters. Pretty sure I'm going to need to track down a live show to take her to soon!

*Falls asleep in her bed at night and for naps  

*"I running! Running fast!"

*Calls Veggie Tales "haha"

*Fresh Beat Band (beat band)

*"I happy!"

*Grandma (gamma)

*"Yay!"

*"Friends! I want friends!"

*"Surprise!"

*"Ruby" (woo-bie)     

*9/27- slet through the night in her own bed

*Gives her baby sister lots of hugs and kisses 




23-24 Months

Cox Farms Fall Festival!
IMG_7395

IMG_7407

IMG_7444

IMG_7486

Getting ready for a Halloween playdate. She LOVES when other kids come to play!
IMG_7836

On Ari's Fall Walk at school
fall4

Daddy's Squadron Halloween Party
IMG_8196

IMG_8210

Picking out pumpkins
IMG_8234

IMG_8244

IMG_8248

Ari's dance studio Halloween party
IMG_8261

IMG_8267

IMG_8291

Carving pumpkins
IMG_8401

IMG_8410

IMG_8417

Getting ready to go out on her second Halloween! She had so much fun this year.
This little cutie got lots of compliments on her costume! #halloween

Painting a ceramic plate
Personalizing a plate

Supporting mommy in labor
photo(7)

Telling me "no pictures!"
This is a picture of Lucy telling me that she wants "no pictures!" #toddler

Her favorite part of Thanksgiving this year was the Martinelli's
Lucy #thanksgiving She was most excited about the Martinelli's. that's my girl!

Naptime with sister on mommy's lap
My view right now ❤  #newborn #toddler #sleepy #bedtime #daughters

Sleepy girls ❤

Posing with daddy's and his Black Friday purchase and yelling "boom boom!"
She was shouting "boom boom!" #daddy #daughter #prouddaddy #calmdownitsnotloaded

I have more/better pictures of her haircut, but for the sake of getting this post up, here are a couple.
Lucy's first haircut yesterday! ✂

My big girl did so good. She cried for a little bit at first and then just chewed on her hand. The lady cutting her hair was so good with her. #haircut #milestone

Words and Milestones:
*"Daddy soon?"- Is daddy coming home soon? Can I talk to daddy soon?

*"I want treat!"

*"I don't no want it!" (I don't want it/I don't want to)

*"What's that sound?" (while holding her hand up to her ear)

*"I want to do it/I did it!"

*"Peek-a-boo, I see you!"

*"Party-cake!" (when you ask her what she wants for her birthday)

*"Um....." (her response to most questions)

*"Na-na rude!" (Arianna is being rude)

*As of November 14th, 2012, she's a big sister! Becoming a big sister has been an adjustment for Lucy. She's not overly interested in holding or interacting with the baby (hence the lack of pictures of the two of them) and she's definitely had issues sharing mommy and nursing time. At the same time, she's not mean to the baby and she definitely loves her and likes to show affection (hugs, kisses, talking to her). So I know with time she will adjust and when Ruby gets older I think they'll be just as close as Ari and Lucy are.

We're keeping today pretty low-key. We got her some presents, some balloons, and a Yo Gabba Gabba cake, but no big party. At first I felt bad that I didn't plan anything more, but I really think that this is best for Lucy this year. She's been kind of overwhelmed with everything that's happened since Ruby's birth (and I can't really blame her. She lost her "spot" as the baby of the family, had to spend a weekend away from me while I was in the hospital, and has had a revolving door of visitors here at the house) and he mood has definitely reflected it. I think having a bunch of people and kids here would be a bit too much right now. So we're just having a small family celebration and sometime this week Jon is going to take her to a bounce house. I'll have more photos up later of her haircut and her little celebration later on this evening or tomorrow. Happy birthday, Lucy!

1 comment: