Monday, May 10, 2010

234 Days/11 weeks

We returned home yesterday after 9 days in Arizona and are just trying to get back into our daily routine. Our vacation was wonderful and very much needed. We can't wait to go back to our family and friends and hopefully in four years we'll be going home to them for good! Here are a few pictures and highlights from our trip.

Our first "real" night in AZ (not counting the night we flew in) was spent at Darius and Holly DiTallo's house. The DiTallo's are longtime friends of the Bush's and they and a few other friends wanted to celebrate Jon's birthday. It was a really nice dinner and good to see everyone!



Jon's mom made Texas sheet cake


The birthday boy






Arianna and I spent Tuesday afternoon at the zoo with my friend Emily and her daughter, Natalie. Arianna and Natalie are 6 months apart and have known each other since Arianna was about 15 months old. I was afraid they might not remember each other, but they acted like not a day had gone by since they had last seen each other.



This was immediately after they spotted one another










At the one of the zoo splash pads






Natalie and Emily




At the petting zoo




Milking a fake cow


Wednesday was Jon's 23rd birthday. I got our parents and some of our close friends together for a small celebration at Ajo Al's, one of his favorite AZ restaurants. We had 16 people and it was a really good time! I thought it was going to be loud and cramped since we were there on Cinco De Mayo, but they put us at a really big table in the back of the restaurant so we had our own space and got fantastic service.
Jim, Mikey, and Monique


Monique and Brian


James


Jon with his card from Arianna. She wrote "Daddy" by herself










The cake


Presents!


Thursday afternoon/evening, I went up to see Cassie. She was running behind on some things and asked me if I could give Vincent a bath. He finished and I forgot to drain the water out of the tub when he got out (complete parenting fail). At some point, he wandered back into the bathroom and crawled back in the tub fully clothed!




Since we left so early on Sunday, we celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday. I got my mom and Jon's mom each and Edible Arrangement bouquet. They were delicious and both moms loved them! We also gave one to Jon's grandparents that had strawberries, grapes, cantaloupe, pineapple, and chocolate dipped apples.






There was so much more to the trip, but it would take me forever to update about every little detail. I am also 11 weeks pregnant as of today! I can't believe it. I've felt like time has been going by so slow, but when I realized that I'm only a week away from my second trimester I realized how fast it's flying by. I have my first appointment with the doctor on Thursday (and I'm hoping for an ultrasound!) and then I start seeing the midwives on June 1st! I'm so excited and I'm sure I will update again after the appointment if not before.

No comments:

Post a Comment