Wednesday, May 12, 2010

236 Days/11w2d

I was going to post this in my last entry, but it took a while for my phone to send the picture to my e-mail. I got a new haircut and color while were in AZ and I LOVE it! The lady actually went quote a bit shorter than I told her to, but she must have known what she was doing because I love it and every stylist in the salon complimented both and I on it. It's so light and easy to manage. I can also finally go without having to wash my hair every single day (which may sound gross to some of you, but it's actually not good for your hair to be washed and especially shampooed every day).

Ignore the angry look on my face, I was actually driving when I took this (I know, I know!) and was trying to focus more on the road than on looking happy for the picture ;)



Now, it's time for Life Lesson #3295: Do Not Drop Your iPhone.

Now, according to Eric Butterfield of PC World, the iPhone is built to survive being dropped with only "a few gouges along its metal edge from the drops onto concrete." I beg to differ.....



This is the result of Jon reaching into his pocket, pulling out his iPhone, and the iPhone slipping out of his hands onto the concrete. ONE drop and it's toast. Actually, only the screen was toast. It still worked, but the only thing holding the glass in place was the screen protector so it wouldn't have been usable for very long. After spending 2 hours over the course of two days on the phone with AT&T, the only solution they could offer was for him to pay $200 for repairs, $600 for a new replacement phone, or "upgrade" (ie: downgrade) him to a Motorola Backflip. Apple likely coudln't do anything to help him either since it's been over a year and the Apple Care is expired (this is the second time he's ended up with a problem with his iPhone like a week after the one year mark). So we decided that the cheapest thing to do would be to add him to my Verizon account and just get him a new phone. He was able to score the Motorola Droid for $65. Plus adding him to my account gets us a military discount and all in all we're paying about $30 less than we were paying with him on AT&T and me on Verizon. So everybody wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment