Jon is starting college classes again and today he had an introduction class from 9am-4pm. It was basically just motivational stuff and tips for being successful in accelerated classes. He got a credit for going and actually learned some really useful things that he'll be able to apply once his classes start. As long as he remains dedicated to studying and getting his school work done (which I have no doubt that he will) he will have a Master's degree in three years. Most people don't even have a Bachelor's degree in that amount of time! I am incredibly proud of his choice to get this done while he's still in the military. It will be a lot of hard work on top of all of the hours that he works and the travel that he does, but I know he is going to be successful.
After I picked him up from class, we went up to Woodcraft so he could get some more pen making supplies. He ended up selling his professor a pen today so he needed to get the acrylic blanks and kits.
After I picked him up from class, we went up to Woodcraft so he could get some more pen making supplies. He ended up selling his professor a pen today so he needed to get the acrylic blanks and kits.
One of the blanks he picked up today
He also got a grinder so that he can sharpen his tools at home instead of driving all the way up to Woodcraft to get them sharpened.

Setting up to make a pen





I will post some pictures of the pen making process as well as the finished products tomorrow. He's hoping to get two blue acrylic ones done between tonight and tomorrow. The acrylic ones make the basement smell like a nail salon, haha.
Arianna usually joins Jon in the basement (at least for a few minutes) when he makes the pens. Right now the basement is being used as our storage space so she's always digging around and finding little treasures. Tonight, she found one of Jon's military gear hats and pulled this out of it.
Arianna usually joins Jon in the basement (at least for a few minutes) when he makes the pens. Right now the basement is being used as our storage space so she's always digging around and finding little treasures. Tonight, she found one of Jon's military gear hats and pulled this out of it.

Arianna and I took a trip to Potomic Mills Mall after my midwife appointment on Tuesday (which went great, by the way). It reminds me a lot of Arizona Mills Mall back home. Arianna loved it because they had three different toy stores! She had the most fun at Toys R Us Express.
She's been talking a lot about taking ballet classes lately so I think we're going to sign her up! She'll make such a lovely little ballerina.
She's been talking a lot about taking ballet classes lately so I think we're going to sign her up! She'll make such a lovely little ballerina.































No comments:
Post a Comment