The pen that Jon turned last night

On the lathe, ready to be turned

Rounding it out




Wet polishing

The finished pen

Similar style that he turned last week

Fountain pen that he turned tonight



This afternoon after church we went to my Uncle Bob and Aunt JoAnn's house for lunch. While we were there Aunt JoAnn noticed that Arianna was due for a bang trim and offered to do it since I can't get Arianna to sit still for me.










All done!

After the haircut, we all went outside on the back porch to get some fresh air. Jon helped Uncle Bob put together a canopy. They want to move their hot tub outside and the canopy will keep the bugs and the leaves out.


It eventually ended up taking all of us to hold a side up and get the frame put together


Arianna got to blow bubbles!




"Plastic" bubbles that keep their shape when they land


This is about the time I went back in the house because the mosquitoes were out in full force and I was their main target. I really must have gourmet blood because they LOVE to feast on me. I had already gotten bit within a few minutes of being outside and within ten minutes my arms, legs, and back were covered in swollen bites. Aunt JoAnn made me some baking soda paste to take the itch out and I iced the ones that were swollen. I don't know what it is about me and mosquitoes, but it's something I'm going to have to get used to living somewhere where it's almost always humid!
Other than the bites, we had a really great day! Aunt JoAnn sent us home with leftover chili which I can't wait to dig into tomorrow!
Other than the bites, we had a really great day! Aunt JoAnn sent us home with leftover chili which I can't wait to dig into tomorrow!


























I really like that first pen (the blue one)! Do you think he would make one for me if I paid for everything? I would love you both forever. :)
ReplyDelete