I am making a HUGE Thanksgiving dinner this year. Last year, we went to my aunt and uncle's house for Thanksgiving so I didn't cook anything. I did a turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, and corn for Christmas 2009. Since that was my very first time making my own turkey and I was really just focused on not messing it up. I've made it once more since then and everything went fine both times so this year I am going all out. On the menu:
24 pound turkey (I want LOTS of leftovers)
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Stuffing
Green bean casserole
Corn
Candied Yams
Cranberry sauce
Rolls with homemade butter
and for dessert
Pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream
Apple pie and vanilla ice cream
White chocolate raspberry cheesecake
Every single item on my menu is going to be made from scratch except for the rolls and that's because I've never baked my own bread before and I'm just not willing to let Thanksgiving be my first attempt. I'm sure it's very easy so maybe I'll practice a bit throughout the year and make my own rolls next year.
Tomorrow, I am doing all of the desserts as well as prepping all of the veggies. The desserts will taste better after sitting overnight and being refrigerated and it will leave me with a lot less to do on Thanksgiving day. There are a few dishes that require onions and celery and garlic so I'm going to chop all of that up as well and put it in bags so that all I have to do on Thursday is throw it in. I will be posting my recipes along with pictures as I complete each dessert.
I'm so excited about Thanksgiving this year and I hope all of my dishes turn out as great as they sound! I made the butter on Sunday and so far, so good!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























No comments:
Post a Comment