Thursday, November 18, 2010

426 Days/38w3d

Arianna and I spent the afternoon running errands (we've been doing a lot of that lately). My last stop was Bed Bath and Beyond which is right up by our old house and right next door to Michael's craft store. When we lived over there, Arianna and I used to make weekly trips to Michael's to pick up little arts and crafts things for us to do while Jon was traveling. She spotted it as we were leaving and asked me if we could go to the "paint store" to get something for her to paint.

She picked out three things to paint and I found some Christmas stuff for us to do throughout the week.

Puzzles to paint
IMG_7270

IMG_7271

24 foam snowmen for only $4.99! These are great because they will last a while. We did six of them tonight and we're going to turn them into ornaments for Arianna's mini Christmas tree.
IMG_7272

This was also only $4.99. Santa's Toy Shop. We attempted to make a gingerbread sleigh last year and it didn't quite work out. I'm hoping that this will be slightly easier!
IMG_7273

Arianna had a choice between a gingerbread house and Santa's toy shop and she picked Santa's toy shop because she remembers visiting The North Pole in September.
IMG_7274

First she painted her non-Christmas stuff while I painted the Christmas tree puzzle.
IMG_7266

IMG_7268

Then we got to work on the snowmen!
IMG_7276

IMG_7277

IMG_7282

IMG_7285

IMG_7289

IMG_7292

Christmas ornaments!
IMG_7295

She had a lot of fun doing this and I kind of want to pick up another one of these kits while they're still on sale. They had a similar kit with snowflakes which would add a little bit of variety to her Christmas tree. I love the winter holidays! This is my favorite time of year and these crafts are so much fun!

1 comment: