Friday, December 10, 2010

448 Days

The girls and I had an incredibly busy Friday! Normally, we go to story time at the library on base, but the library in Stafford was having a special Christmas story time so we went over there instead. They read three Christmas books, sang a couple of songs, and then got a surprise visit from Santa Clause! This is the fifth Santa Clause that Arianna has seen this year and she's going to see a sixth one on Monday at an event that we're going to. Thankfully she hasn't gotten suspicious and asked why Santa looks slightly different or has a different voice each time she sees him!

Santa brought Mrs. Clause with him this time!
IMG_7693

IMG_7695

Arianna and her friend Johnny (we met him at the Christmas crafts meetup on Tuesday)
IMG_7697

IMG_7702

IMG_7705

IMG_7706

IMG_7707

IMG_7709

Arianna trying to interrupt Johnny's Santa time, haha
IMG_7717

I was thrilled that Lucy spent the entire library trip like this:
IMG_7727

We had a really good time and we stayed at the library for about three hours. After we left, we grabbed a quick lunch and then stopped to pick up some Christmas decorations for the front yard. Nothing big, just a couple of simple things that Arianna liked. I'm hoping we can get our tree and our lights up this weekend. Since the base has a specific date that Christmas lights and outdoor decorations have to be taken down I want to at least be able to enjoy them for a few weeks.

IMG_7731

IMG_7733

IMG_7735

IMG_7738

IMG_7739

That's quite a pose! (In the background you can see my door decoration which was supposed to make it look like a wrapped package. I broke the bow that was supposed to go in the center though so now it just looks like we have a giant red cross on our door.)
IMG_7740

Jon came home just as I was finishing up the door. He spent some time with the girls while I addressed a few of Lucy's birth announcements and got directions to the puppet show. Yes, a puppet show! It was called Pigs At the Pole and I learned about it just a few days ago at the meetup. It was really cute and funny. Arianna's friend Johnny was there and they both had a great time. Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures because the lighting was horrid. Lucy wasn't nearly as content as she had been earlier at the library and wanted to be held most of the time so I really didn't have time to mess around with the camera

IMG_7745

I see Arianna has inherited my knack for blinking right as the camera goes off
IMG_7751

Aww!
IMG_7752

I think this is the busiest day we've had since Lucy was born! It really helps us to get out of the house frequently and I'm thankful for all of the holiday events going on right now. Most of them are indoors which is great since it's just too cold to do anything outside. The park was always my go-to place for Arianna to wear off energy, but I have to be out there with her and I can't keep Lucy out in the cold for that long. So I'm trying to get out to as many of these indoor events as possible to keep Arianna entertained. Tomorrow, we're going to the Holiday Store on base where she gets to pick out presents for Jon and I. The gifts are free and I think she'll have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment