Saturday, December 11, 2010

449 Days

This morning, I took Arianna to go "shopping" at The Holiday Store on base. The Holiday Store is for kids to go pick out gifts for parents and siblings. Each child is allowed two gifts and there are volunteers there to help guide them and wrap their presents. They had the "store" set up in the party room at the housing office and the parents all waited in the lobby and ate snacks while the kids shopped. I would have loved to get pictures of her doing her shopping (Momtographers like myself go a little bit nuts when we know we're missing photo ops like that), but the point of the shop was for her to pick out presents for Jon and I so I wasn't allowed in.

I was trying to get a picture of her standing in line and by the time I got the camera out and turned on, she was already heading in the door. That's her in the pink jacket right in the front.
IMG_7755

I got to sit in the lobby and feast on this!
IMG_7756

IMG_7757

She came out with this black bag and inside.....
IMG_7758

.....presents for Jon and I! Apparently she told whoever was helping her that her name was spelled "NOAP" which is why the tags say, "From Noap."
IMG_7760

When we got home, Arianna showed Lucy our Nativity scene which kept her entertained for quite a while.
IMG_7764

IMG_7766

It's 3:30pm now and both girls are out cold. We've had such a fun and busy week and I think everyone is worn out! Jon is on his way home from spending the day with my uncle and he and Arianna are going to go pick out a tree. Hopefully we'll get our Christmas lights up this weekend or sometime during the day next week. I can't wait to make our house look festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment