These pictures aren't the best quality because I took them quickly, but I wanted everyone to see Arianna's new bedroom furniture! My aunt and uncle stopped by for a few hours yesterday and Uncle Bob helped Jon put all of the furniture together. We're still waiting on the mattress (which is why the toddler bed is still in there) and we haven't mounted the mirror to the wall yet. The big stuff is put together and Jon was grateful to have help with it. Arianna loves it and can't wait to get her new mattress so that she can sleep in her REALLY big girl bed!
View from the doorway
I couldn't believe the size difference between the beds!

Dresser (the drawers are even lined)

I'm still not 100% on the placement of the furniture because I don't like how the room looks with everything sitting parallel. I'm thinking about moving the bed up against the wall with the window and then putting the dresser and mirror on the wall that the bed is currently against. I just need to measure everything and figure out if I can do this and still leave enough room between the foot of the bed and the dresser as well as enough room to open the closet doors. I'm also really eager to get some decals on the wall and some curtains hung up! I'm not really sure what theme Arianna wants to go with, but we definitely need to get some color in there!
The weather here has been beautiful! Sunny in the high 60's/low 70's so we've been trying to spend a lot of time outside. Arianna loves running around the backyard and when Jon's working in the garage she always wants to go out front with him. She helped him wash the truck the other day and they sprayed each other with the hose!
I think if it's this nice tomorrow we'll walk up to one of the parks so that Arianna can wear off some energy. I've had a headache the past two days and haven't felt much like going outside. She's been so sweet and good about letting me rest so tomorrow it's time for her to get out and have some fun! I found an on base playgroup and I'm hoping to meet some other moms with kids Arianna's age. They plan activities on base (at the parks and the library) as well as off (zoo, waterparks in the summer, etc). I also signed us up for some of the community housing events, but unfortunately the ones for October were already full so we're on the waiting list. I signed up for a kids Thanksgiving even in November though and we were able to get a spot for that one.
Other than that, we're just excited for the holidays! October 1st kicks off my favorite time of year with the nice weather and all of the fall and winter holidays. Thanksgiving isn't until the end of November, but with a new house in a beautiful community, a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter, and a healthy little girl on the way I feel like I already have so much to be thankful for.
I think if it's this nice tomorrow we'll walk up to one of the parks so that Arianna can wear off some energy. I've had a headache the past two days and haven't felt much like going outside. She's been so sweet and good about letting me rest so tomorrow it's time for her to get out and have some fun! I found an on base playgroup and I'm hoping to meet some other moms with kids Arianna's age. They plan activities on base (at the parks and the library) as well as off (zoo, waterparks in the summer, etc). I also signed us up for some of the community housing events, but unfortunately the ones for October were already full so we're on the waiting list. I signed up for a kids Thanksgiving even in November though and we were able to get a spot for that one.
Other than that, we're just excited for the holidays! October 1st kicks off my favorite time of year with the nice weather and all of the fall and winter holidays. Thanksgiving isn't until the end of November, but with a new house in a beautiful community, a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter, and a healthy little girl on the way I feel like I already have so much to be thankful for.





























No comments:
Post a Comment