Sunday, October 24, 2010

401 Days/34w6d

We had quite a busy day!

Jon had a three hour study group after church so Arianna and I ran some more errands. We went back to Bed Bath and Beyond to return the candle holders that I bought yesterday for the dining table. I really loved them, but I felt that they were a bit too tall. If Arianna were to bump them they would topple over and break. They were just too pretty to die a "death by toddler", not to mention knocking them over with lit candles in them would be even more of a disaster. So back to the store they went and we picked up a tablecloth and placemats instead. I was also able to find some smaller candle holders at the MCX that I'm happy with. I can't wait to see my table all set up for Thanksgiving, it's going to be beautiful! Just pray that Lucy hangs on and I actually get to do Thanksgiving!

When we finished at Bed Bath and Beyond, we stopped at Target to get a pumpkin carving kit so Jon and Arianna could carve our Halloween pumpkins! They did one tonight and are going to do the second one tomorrow after we get some candles to put in them. Jon was planning on carving out a simple freehand face on the pumpkins like he did last year, but Arianna had other plans. The kit that we bought came with several patterns and she insisted that he carve out the owl! It was probably one of the most intricate patterns in the entire book and that's the one she picked. He did it though and it came out really good! I will put up pictures tomorrow after they get the second one done and we get the candles in them.

We also took a walk up to the park




This was....interesting. While Jon was pushing her on the swing, she got brave and decided to LET GO of the chain and try to hold on with one hand. Her lack of weight caused the swing to twist around to the side which scared her half to death. Thankfully Jon was right there to catch her. I don't think she'll be trying that again. This was taken right before she let go.








Arianna was telling us about how she raises her hand when she's in class (the children's service at church) when she needs to ask a question. She decided that Jon needed to raise his hand if he wanted to ask her a question.


Tomorrow evening, we will be carving the second pumpkin and hopefully hanging some curtains in the front room! The curtains are the last major thing that I need to do in the front room (for now) so I'm excited to get them put up. More pictures of the house will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment